20 days left and still not cabin assigned???

GLCAS

I am trying to NOT worry!!! Don`t tell me things like that!!! We have no back up plan, but we have received our DOCs, so all should be ok, just need to know which balcony:D And yes we have our flights all booked.

Look into a stay on San Juan as a backup plan. U still have the airfare booked.

Hey, my TA took my payment and went out of business without paying Princess.

The OP has no reason to worry. Final payment has been made and I am sure boarding passes have been printed out. Yours is a totally different case as your TA went out of business and didn't pay Princess for your voyage. This is in no way comparible to not having a cabin assigned yet....... :rolleyes:

Look into a stay on San Juan as a backup plan. U still have the airfare booked.

Hey, my TA took my payment and went out of business without paying Princess.

What a nightmare. Are you going to ge your money back?

OP if you get you cabin assignment soon come back and tell us what you got.

I cruise in 12 days and my sister hasn't got a cabin assignment yet (I got mine before I'd even made any payment)... and I phoned Princess to check and the girl who answered the phone was also booked on the same sailing and she didn't have hers yet either... she said she'd already checked in the system and there were only about 30 cabins not yet allocated...maybe they'll be "lucky last"...

We have the same situation as Mum and Son, I booked with Princess then switched the booking to an online TA-got room assignment then. My sister then booked with the same online TA and is still waiting for her room. We leave on the Emerald in 10 days. Looks like the ship still has a number of rooms available. Maybe she will luck out and get a good upgrade. She has a I category guarantee inside room.

GLCAS, Good for you!

We're 22 days from sailing and no assignment yet. Plus we're on the New Years cruise and have heard (from someone who talked to someone talking to Princess Inventory Control) the cruise is oversold. So moveover offers are likely but unless it comes soon, doubt I could take advantage of it.

We got it!!!! B742. It is the very last aft balcony. It looks like it will be great. We will feel the movement a bit but after the first day we will be used to it. Can`t wait........:D

Congrats, the cabin is great and you will enjoy it. I am curious as to how you found out. Did Princess call you, email you or did you find out on your cruise personalizer?

I would really like to know how that works.

Bob

I would not be putting alot of stock in someone talking to someone talking to someone. If moveovers are offered you do not have to take it if you don't want, someone else will if the offer is sweet enough.

Our sailing has been showing all categories waitlisted for months and even without the relayed comment from Princess' Inventory Control person, there's little doubt that it is oversold. Princess does that.

I realize I do not have to take a moveover offer and am assured a cabin. But would love to get offered something sweet and still be able to jump on another ship sailing same time. Guess its a 'I want my cake and eat it too' thing!:D

We're 32 days out and no assignment yet (BE GTY). This is the New Years sailing and everything has shown waitlist for a long time.

One day I'd love to get a move-over or move-down offer. Problem is that the move-overs come so late -just a few days before sailing- that every other ship sailing same time will be full too. Whereas if they would make an offer now - like for a refund and some discount on future cruise - could take it and still book another cruise going out the same time. So if I do eventually get a nice move over offer, won't be able to take it because we do want to cruise during the holidays.

But like Toto says, 'no worries'! We will be on the ship and we'll have a great time.

Hey hightown I really feel your pain we are waiting for our cabin assighnment too 32 days out. We are gty aa hoping to hear soon

Hey hightown I really feel your pain we are waiting for our cabin assighnment too 32 days out. We are gty aa hoping to hear soon

We're now 3 days out...and my sisters STILL doesn't have a cabin assignment for herself or for her kids... :eek:

LAEmerald,

Hey not about the cabin but question, You would not happen to be a relative would you? Emerald?

I last posted here Friday and as of about 5:30pm, no assignment. Checked around 7pm and there was a cabin number on my personalizer! Goes to show can happen anytime of the day or night!

Booked BE gty and got a BB. Not a great one on Caribe but still a good location. I'm pleased~!

Good luck to you laemerald & others still waiting...

When you book a guarantee, you need to expect positive and negative things to happen with that booking.

The cruise lines offer the lower priced guarantee cabin rates to allow them to dispose of inventory that nobody else wants. The smarter TAs and frequent cruisers carefully avoid cabins that are undesirable because they; are next to elevators, too far away from elevators, are in noisy parts of the ship, have the most obstructed views, etc.

In return for a lower fare, you are willing to gamble that you will not get the worst cabin in your category- or even better, that you will get lucky and receive an upgrade.

If sales are still ongoing in your cabin category as your cruise approaches, the cruise line will delay assigning guarantee cabins until they have sold as many full fare cabins as they think possible. Only when they are complete, will they assign the leftover cabins that nobody else wanted.

That's when your guarantee cabin number is assigned.

Weird!!I booked a guar.outside cabin 6 months ago.Final payment is not due until Feb.09 and i looked on princess web site and i have been assigned a cabin already in the cat.i booked and it is still 4.5 months away???go figure that one out!

Archived