20 days left and still not cabin assigned???

GLCAS

We are waiting and checking our cruise personalizer several times a day and nothing!!!!????? We have a guaranteed balcony. When should we expect them to assign a cabin? :confused:

I've heard of people not getting their assignment until a couple of days before, and some not before they board. I think it's a last minute rush to try and get people to give up their assigned rooms.

Janette

I've heard of people not getting their assignment until a couple of days before, and some not before they board. I think it's a last minute rush to try and get people to give up their assigned rooms.

Janette

That is correct. It is rare to have to wait until you arrive, but once in a while it does happen.

Have you tried calling Princess if you booked directly? Sometimes calling results in an assignment.

Have you looked on-line to see what is shown to be available at this point? If the voyage is sold out or close to it, they might indeed be waiting for a last minute cancellation and then the musical chairs begins and you might very well win the upgrade lottery.

Have you looked on-line to see what is shown to be available at this point? If the voyage is sold out or close to it, they might indeed be waiting for a last minute cancellation and then the musical chairs begins and you might very well win the upgrade lottery.

Where do you look for this info? On the Princess site?

We booked a guaranteed BA Balcony. One week before our cruise we got our cabin assignment, it was C303 on the CB. It was a Wheel Chair room and better than a mini suite. More room, huge balcony, and the balcony was half covered which the minisuites do not have. It had a nice big bathroom which was nice. In the future we will book the guarantee always in the future and hope we get something good.

Alan

Well an upgrade might be fun, maybe a suite:D. We booked through an agency and they say it could be anytime up til we sail.........the waiting is killing me;).

I have to say that I'd be calling Princess every day, or at least making sure my TA did. The squeaky wheel and all that.....

Janette

Sometimes you don't find out until you arrive at your cabin. :eek:

Now that would be difficult!:)

We are still waiting for a BD grade on Sea Princess. We go on 3rd January. I like to know where I am going. I am worried that I will get to the ship and they will have forgotten us.:eek:

Another possibility is that you will get a "move-over" offer a few days before your cruise because it is over booked. Sometimes the offers are really good if you are flexible.

I'm not familiar with a "move over" and would like to hear more about what that's like when the cruise is overbooked - I didn't even know they ever overbooked - just like the airlines do?

Thanks.

I'm cruising in 16 days and I've had my cabin no. in my cruise personaliser since before I even made payment...but my sister has two cabins booked on the same sailing and she doesn't have a cabin no. yet for either of her cabins...and we booked in the same category in the same week.

I'm not familiar with a "move over" and would like to hear more about what that's like when the cruise is overbooked - I didn't even know they ever overbooked - just like the airlines do?

Thanks.

A move over offer is when Princess has overbooked the ship, and usually because there were fewer cancellations then expected. When this happens, the cruise line will contact passengers (when they need their category stateroom) and make them an offer to move to another ship/and or sailing date. These offers can vary from an upgrade to shipboard credit and higher. If they find no takers, the offer can go as high as a free cruise on a longer itineary. They keep raising the offer until they get enough passengers to agree to it.

It all depends on if they have any takers for the offers. The more desperate they are to make space available, the better the offer.

You never know when this might happen or even how good the offer can be, it all depends.

But no worrys if you are sailing on a sold out ship and can't change your vacation dates. If you have a paid booking on a certain ship, they are not like the airlines, they will not refuse you passage. They will just keep making offers until they have enough space for everyone booked that isn't willing to switch.

We're 32 days out and no assignment yet (BE GTY). This is the New Years sailing and everything has shown waitlist for a long time.

One day I'd love to get a move-over or move-down offer. Problem is that the move-overs come so late -just a few days before sailing- that every other ship sailing same time will be full too. Whereas if they would make an offer now - like for a refund and some discount on future cruise - could take it and still book another cruise going out the same time. So if I do eventually get a nice move over offer, won't be able to take it because we do want to cruise during the holidays.

But like Toto says, 'no worries'! We will be on the ship and we'll have a great time.

It would be hard to do a move over with our air already booked, unless they have another ship leaveing from San Juan. Anyways, the suspense is killing me.... I have become a Princess personolizer maniac checker!!!1:D

14 days to go and still no room assignment! We are definitely counting down. One week of work and 2 days to get ready and do all the last minute stuff.........I hope we have a room..........!!!!:(

You will have a stateroom, although it sounds like it is going to be a last minute assignment. Please stop worrying. :) If you have a confirmed booking, they won't turn you away when you get to the pier. The worst that can happen is that you won't find out until you arrive.

Sounds like maybe next time you need to book an assigned stateroom and not a guarantee?????

Archived