Where to have dinner near Ft.Lauderdale Sheraton Airport Hotel

stipmom

We ate there last month..over priced and a tourist trap but food was so-so.

Get a cab and go to Tropical Acres, not too far from you. Best early bird deal in town. Old school steak house but with fish selections also, one of my fav. places.

It's called Islamorada Fish Co.

It was ok, but there are by far better places to go to than that one. If you need convenience that's a good place to go.

Thank you - it's been a few years but I thought the food was good and moderately priced.

Ron

I would definitely recommend The Rustic Inn. If you do a recent search in this section, a lot has been written about it. The restaurant is no more than a 5 minute cab ride.

www.rusticinn.com

This is where I'm planning on eating either my one night pre cruise, or one of the nights post. I've slobbered over their menu so many times I keep having to clean the monitor on my computer every time I look at it. I keep thinking, "I'll order this; no - I'll order that; no -oh, that looks good!".

This is where I'm planning on eating either my one night pre cruise, or one of the nights post. I've slobbered over their menu so many times I keep having to clean the monitor on my computer every time I look at it. I keep thinking, "I'll order this; no - I'll order that; no -oh, that looks good!".

Unfortunately the restaurant doesn't have the same policy that you find on most cruise ships - eat a second entree after you have finished the first; at no additional charge :D.

We are also interested in same info since we will be staying here on 14/02/2009 before we board the Solstice the next day. Anyone know of any shopping centres & wine store near here?

Celebrity have booked us into this hotel on 13 Feb prior to our Mercury cruise on 14th. We didn't have a choice and I wonder what it is like as it is not one of the options if you book a pre cruise hotel via their website. I would be grateful if anyone who has stayed there could advise as we had a bad experience in an airport hotel in Miami a few years ago.

Thank you

Continued to research the original question as to anything around the hotel. Found a traveler's review:

Traveler's tip on dining

If you don’t have a car, be prepared to eat only at the hotel.

Probably best to plan on taking a cab unless you want to eat on site. Las Olas restautant/shopping district is 7 miles away so cab wouldn't be a whole lot and there are lots of options there.

Archived