Thermal Services in the Spa

From Virginia Beach

I'm finding the website a bit confusing about the spa. I presume you get access for the day to thermal rooms. if you have a spa service but I'm wondering if you can get a pass to use the facilities alone. Also, what thermal services do they have? Is it the basic steam room, sauna set-up or hot tubs as well? I've never seen anything like the thermal chairs before but they look super cool!

at the beginning of the cruise, they sell a limited number of passes for the whole cruise --- and they do sell spa passes by the day...

On Vista ships the spa has a thalassotherapy pool - fabulous.

On the smaller ships, it is more of a mineral hot tub - but also very relaxing. Heated tile loungers are on all the ships with the SOE upgrades (probably by now all have had them). Also steam room, sauna, showers with aromatherapy mists.

I'm finding the website a bit confusing about the spa. I presume you get access for the day to thermal rooms. if you have a spa service but I'm wondering if you can get a pass to use the facilities alone. Also, what thermal services do they have? Is it the basic steam room, sauna set-up or hot tubs as well? I've never seen anything like the thermal chairs before but they look super cool!

If I understand your question correctly you are saying you think if you have a spa treatment you will get a pass to the facilities, and this is not true - or at least it has not been my experience (Vista ships). Normally, when you pay for a treatment - you get that, and nothing more. Sometimes they do have specials such as "ladies night" or other specials where you get an evening pass to the thermal suite and hydropool along with your massage, but this is not the norm. Normally you must pay for a day or cruise pass to those facilities. The sauna is available to all, no extra charge. And there are several hottubs on the ship, also free. What you are paying for is the use of the large hydropool whirlpool, which is within the spa area, and the thermal suite - which has several heated ceramic loungers and aromatherapy showers. (absolute heaven) For this you can purchase passes, no connection to any spa services you have done.

Moriah

I bought the thermal suite package on the Noordam 11/7-17 and it was great. The thermal pool is wonderful, and big, and has semi-submerged loungers with water bubbling up around you. And the heated recliners have already been raved about -- warm, relaxing, soothing music, trickling water and facing a beautiful view out the window as well!

I understand that the westerdam doesn't have any hot tubs. Is this correct? If the only hot tubs are in the spa, do we have to pay to use them?

Unless something has changed since our December 2007 sailing (and I do not think that it has), Westerdam has two (2) hot tubs by the aft pool and three (3) hot tubs by the lido pool. These, of course, are free of charge. :)

Unless something has changed since our December 2007 sailing (and I do not think that it has), Westerdam has two (2) hot tubs by the aft pool and three (3) hot tubs by the lido pool. These, of course, are free of charge. :)

We just got off the Westerdam on Nov 23rd and that's what I saw, but since I didn't actually get in them I couldn't testify as to whether they were in fact hot.

Although you can purchase a single-access pass, if you enjoy thermal services, I'd strongly suggest buying the unlimited access package at the beginning of the cruise. For our 7-day cruise last summer it was $250 for a couple. It's especially nice on a cold-weather (i.e. Alaska)cruise to be sitting on the tile loungers looking out the picture window. We were there at least once and often twice a day. On a warmer weather cruise I'd be less inclined to buy the pass since I'd want to be outdoors more. But it is peaceful in there!

Archived