St Thomas Airport/Flight Question

Richjoxyz

We're thinking about staying on St Thomas for four days prior to leaving on a cruise. Our cruise leaves out of San Juan Puerto Rico. If we take an early flight out of St Thomas we should have no problem making our cruise that departs at 10:00 PM. What are the risks that we might miss our flight and get stuck on St Thomas? Weather, mechanical issues, etc.? I am hoping that a local resident will respond and tell me that the risk is very low, and that there are so many flights that it shouldn't be a problem. Any thoughts?

We might stay on San Juan the whole time to reduce the risk, but we would rather spend the four days on St Thomas.

If you scheduled an early AM flight, the risk is low that if something was wrong mechanically for example that prevented that flight's departure that no others would depart throughout the morning or early afternoon to get you to SJU.

Weather closings for a whole day or more... hurricanes, and causing a flight delay... a bad rain storm (which doesn't happen often but if it were it would usually be in Aug-Oct the same months as active Hurricane Season... or May we get some more rain showers then too).

--Islander

Flights between STT and SJU run fairly frequently. You should not have a problem getting to SJU. The flight from takeoff to landing takes about 30-45 minutes, if that.

For example, I counted 8 nonstops for January 21 when I checked E X P E D I A.

Earliest flight left at 7:45 AM. The latest one left at 7:08 PM.

Archived