Can you upgrade if there is a price drop?

Pastormike

This is my first cruise, Serenade of the Seas from San Juan Feb.14.. I have noticed people here talking about upgrades and price drops. I booked on line, already paid. If there is a price drop, can I do the upgrade for free, or is there a fee? Or can I get my price lowered to the price drop?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Mike

As long as it is NOT a sales event(New bookings only),you can do one of 2 things:

Get the lower price and have the difference credited back to you

OR upgrade.......of course,you can still get some money back or you might have to pay some.........

I just upgraded from a E1 to a D1 and still got $70pp back........

Keep an eye out for any discounts you are entitled to(senior,military, resident)...........

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread. This may be a silly question, but how do I find out what category my cabin is? I'm watching the balcony price on AOS for 1/11/09 sailing. Thanks.

Go to www.rccl.com look for your ship then the deck plans./........You can look for your cabin and there will be a guide for each category.

I had already made final payment when they had a price drop, my agent charged me $50 to make the change but I saved $540 and upgraded from an E1 to a D1. Thats what I call a savings

Too bad your TA charged...............I book directly and dont worry about paying for changes........PS..not all TAs will charge for changes..

Glad I could help Mickee........

This is my first cruise, Serenade of the Seas from San Juan Feb.14.. I have noticed people here talking about upgrades and price drops. I booked on line, already paid. If there is a price drop, can I do the upgrade for free, or is there a fee? Or can I get my price lowered to the price drop?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Mike

I also booked an upcoming cruise online and there was a price drop. I called an RCI reservations agent and she applied the new price to my reservation. I assume that if you have already made final payment that they will credit you the difference.

I also booked an upcoming cruise online and there was a price drop. I called an RCI reservations agent and she applied the new price to my reservation. I assume that if you have already made final payment that they will credit you the difference.

Yes they will, but only if you call and ask for it. Nothing is automatic.:(

We originally booked our aft jr suite direct with RCI, but transferred the booking to an internet TA which offered prepaid gratuities as a perk. I called the TA the other day to find out how much it would cost to upgrade to a grand suite (had noticed that the price on those had gone down & there were several available on our sailing). The TA came back on the phone laughing and said that we could upgrade to the grand suite and RCI would give us back $50 per person, or we could keep the jr suite and get $150 pp back. We'd already made final payment, too. We took the upgrade in a heartbeat!:D

Are you able to get the difference back if the lower price is now a residency discounted rate?

Edited to add: called and answered my own question: yes you can. I saved $220 pp on my January cruise!!

Yep, I saved $400 and upgraded from an E1 to a D1 on Voyager back in March. I noticed a CA resident discount about 6 weeks prior to my cruise.

When I called yesterday to tell the rep there was a discount and I wanted to use it,she said,I dont see one in your category(E1).........I said there isnt one,but there is on all the Ds.......

She then said I cant just give you it on the Es...and you would have to take the Ds:rolleyes:...I said thats ok,its a BIGGER cabin anyway and I will save $140 on the cabin................like DUH>>>>>>

I'm actually going to be mad if they upgrade me. We "downgraded" from D2 to E1 last month when I saw 7388 available. I want that huge balcony! And it just got less expensive too! When they sent the receipt I noticed the price of cruise insurance had also dropped, so total savings was $250 pp. I'm thrilled!

I'm actually going to be mad if they upgrade me. We "downgraded" from D2 to E1 last month when I saw 7388 available. I want that huge balcony! And it just got less expensive too! When they sent the receipt I noticed the price of cruise insurance had also dropped, so total savings was $250 pp. I'm thrilled!

You need to make they(or your TA--whoever you used) has in your booking NO UPGRADES................

I have 7388 on NOS for the TA in April & my friends are in 7688, we booked these cabins through RCI. There are no upgrades put on our reservations. We feel the same way you do about not loosing these cabins because of the huge balconies. Especially being at sea 7 days we will need this balconies.

Archived