Cruising for the First Time as Platinum

custompcsys

Hi Folks,

On Sunday I will be leaving on the Crown Princess for my 6th Princess cruise, so this will be my first cruising as a platinum Captain's Circle member. I have a few questions for the more experienced :)

1. We're leaving out of Port Everglades, and I'm used to going to that wonderfully long line outside the main entrance of the terminal. Where is the preferred embarkation line located in comparison to the main entrance?
  2. For those of you who have used preferred embarkation at Port Everglades, how was your experience? Did it really give you any benefits?
  3. I understand I have a 75 minute credit for internet access. Do I need to do anything to get the credit or is that automatically given to me?
  4. Is the disembarkation lounge less crazy than the normal disembarkation areas?
  5. Finally, are there any benefits I'm missing? As far as I could tell those were pretty much it!

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for your responses! :)

Hi Folks,

On Sunday I will be leaving on the Crown Princess for my 6th Princess cruise, so this will be my first cruising as a platinum Captain's Circle member. I have a few questions for the more experienced :)

1. We're leaving out of Port Everglades, and I'm used to going to that wonderfully long line outside the main entrance of the terminal. Where is the preferred embarkation line located in comparison to the main entrance?
  2. For those of you who have used preferred embarkation at Port Everglades, how was your experience? Did it really give you any benefits?
  3. I understand I have a 75 minute credit for internet access. Do I need to do anything to get the credit or is that automatically given to me?
  4. Is the disembarkation lounge less crazy than the normal disembarkation areas?
  5. Finally, are there any benefits I'm missing? As far as I could tell those were pretty much it!

Congrats on Platinum! We just sailed from Port Everglades on the Ruby and it was our first time as Platinum too.

I'll try to answer some of the questions:

1. Lines: We were directed to the primary line and an attendant then pulled Platinum & Elite to their own entrance, to the right of the main line.

2. Embarkation was very fast - we definitely seemed to see some benefit (but never having sailed from this port as Gold, it just may be a fast embarkation port).

3. The internet credit was automatic. It also applied to wireless if you used your laptop.

4. The dismebarkation lounge was pretty quiet - no chaos to speak of.

5. Can't think of any other items.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi there,

I have never been to Port Everglades to board but as for the internet, it is credited automatically. If I remember, the charge is added then removed.

The disembarkation lounge is quite busy but you get a seat and coffee and pastries are usually provided. There is also a television screen (I think it was showing news items)

Happy cruising:)

Hi Folks,

It's been a while since I've embarked in FLL as a Platinum member. My suggestion is to print out your Preferred Boarding Pass and show it to the Princess Rep to find out where to go.

For the Internet, you sign up for the package of 75 minutes; the amount will be credited back to your onboard account automatically; but double-check it anyway.

I've found the Platinum/Elite disembarkation lounge both very busy or pretty quiet -- I've seen them both. One of the nice things is that they have coffee, tea and pastries to munch on while you wait.

For the internet credit, when you first use the computer, you swipe your cruise card and you will be asked some questions, one of which is what pkg you want. Depending on the length of your cruise, for 2 weeks, select $75 one. You are then signed on. Check you cabin statement the next day and you should see a $75 charge and a $75 credit. This will give you 250 mins. If you go over you pay for those additional minutes.

I wil speak of the disembarkation lounge. I just got off of the Star and i swear half of the ship was in that lounge. Lots of Platinum and elite and people were standing. Then there have been times that you can shoot a cannon and not hit anyone. So really when you ready to leave the ship just check which place you are assigned to go and then also check the Platinum lounge. Also as to boarding the ship for the first time just present your Boarding Pass. Yours will say Preferred Boarding. They will send you to the right line.

Marilyn

The preferred embarkation line in Fort Lauderdale can be quicker before mid day when all the plane loads of people arrive but if you get there before noon it doesn't really help out all that much. Most lines before noon are still short & you'll only be waiting for 10 minutes or so.

Disembarkation in the lounge can be quieter & at least you have coffee & danish and a newspaper (some times) to eat while you wait for the announcement of your color tags.

Archived