Costa Victoria

driving21

We are thinking of sailing on the Victoria from Dubai in April.We have sailed with other companies such as Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Thompsons but not Costa.Could anyone help who has sailed from Dubai with Costa/Costa Victoria and give me there thoughts on Costa ships or more

specifically Costa Victoria.Many thanks.

driving21

Thanks for the link.The ship looks very nice.I see that you have sailed on her.Did you enjy the cruise and what type of cabin did you have?

Yes, we sailed Costa Vitoria twice. First to Northeast Cost of Brazil and the second from Santos to Buenos Aires (Prata cruise).

To us, Costa cruises are very good (staff, food, ship atmosphere (always very animated) and entertainment).

We always get interior cabin because of the early morning light!

In Costa Vitoria the interior cabins are a little smaller than in other ships, but very comfortable. The ship is a little aged, but last February was very well maintained.

Please note that in Brazil during the season, Costa ships have a great number of Brazilian personnel.

We are planning to take the Dubai cruise in future, maybe in 2010 season.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions!

Wotan

What cruise are you thinking of doing, 7 Day Dubai - Dubai, or 21 Day Dubai - Venice? On a 7 Day cruise there are 2 formal nights and on 21 4 or 5 formal nights. These days formal is not always formal, have seen people turn up in everything from dinner jackets to jeans.

Attached is a Costa UK drinks price list.

Best value seems to be the X1 package.

Ron

Costa Drinks Packages - UK.pdf

With regards to dressing up on formal nights, it depends on a number of factors, mix of nationalities, age spread and where you are cruising.

The 50+ passengers tend to dress up for men mostly ties and dak suits / blazer and trouses, for the ladies mostly black trouses with different combination of tops. There will also be a smattering of more formal items dinner jackets / kilt dress and long evening gowns. The younger generation tend to be more leisurely dressed.

No one is forced to dress up to the nines. You do not have to attend the formal dinners as you can always eat in the buffet for that evening.

I always take a blazer with light and dark trouses and DW trouses and tops. We always dress up (middle of the road), the way we look at it is it is our holiday and we do what suits us and not other people.

Ron

The X1 package is unlimited during meals (I might try and see if I can used it during breakfast ;)). Although it says served by the glass, most time wine and mineral water the bottles are left on the table.

I can only talk about entertainment on Costa ships generally. They are not bad, most of the singing is Italian or English. As all annoucements are made in 5 languages, there are no standup comics - just imagine hearing the same joke 5 times over.:eek:

Costa is not perfect, as always the cruise is what you make of it.

Ron

Archived