Is changing from a Catagory to an Inside Guarantee going to get me a "cancellation" f

I want to ask the TA's here and those who know for certain:

I have paid in full for a certain Catagory inside cabin.

I noticed that there has been a serious price reduction today, especially for Inside Guarantee cabins (a much lower price for that than for the Cat I have).

I am going to ask my TA for a refund of the difference between what I paid and what the cabin in my Cat is selling for now, but...

If I ask my TA to change us to an Inside Guarantee cabin to save $600, is that considered by the TA's to be a "cancellation", which incurs a $100 fee? The small print on my invoice does not specify that changes are cancellations. That's why I ask all you knowledgeable folks here. This is a wonderful resource.

Could very well be a cancellation,,depends on the TA and their policies.

You could also have to pay more for fuel surcharges on the new booking.

Depending on how far out you are you could also have to pay the cruiselines cancellation fee's.

I want to ask the TA's here and those who know for certain:

I have paid in full for a certain Catagory inside cabin.

I noticed that there has been a serious price reduction today, especially for Inside Guarantee cabins (a much lower price for that than for the Cat I have).

I am going to ask my TA for a refund of the difference between what I paid and what the cabin in my Cat is selling for now, but...

If I ask my TA to change us to an Inside Guarantee cabin to save $600, is that considered by the TA's to be a "cancellation", which incurs a $100 fee? The small print on my invoice does not specify that changes are cancellations. That's why I ask all you knowledgeable folks here. This is a wonderful resource.

This is not a cancellation that I am aware of. Many on our cruise took advantage of "price reductions" (We had two). I had booked with an online agent that charged a "change fee" of $35. I used the reduction to upgrade to an outside for the price of an inside cabin. I was fully aware of the fee in advance.

I am getting a big refund thanks to the original poster of this thread; without your reminder to check the prices, I would have gone along and never done it. You have saved me ( very close to ) half the cost of this cruise. You are my new best friend!

Now that I am getting this cruise for the lowest possible price, the TA has canceled the perks I was going to receive before at the higher price. Does this mean that my TA gets no commission from Celebrity now?

This is for ISABELLA:

"I am getting a big refund thanks to the original poster of this thread; without your reminder to check the prices, I would have gone along and never done it. You have saved me ( very close to ) half the cost of this cruise. You are my new best friend!"

Tazzycat

This is for ISABELLA:

"I am getting a big refund thanks to the original poster of this thread; without your reminder to check the prices, I would have gone along and never done it. You have saved me ( very close to ) half the cost of this cruise. You are my new best friend!"

Tazzycat

Good for you! Yes, it cuts their commission. Their commission is based on your ticket price.......If your cost goes down, their commission goes down....

Archived