Freaking out about airfare from newark to tampa!! HELP

tanyanubin

If you're okay with going to different airports, why don't you look into flying on Spirit, which has flights leaving out of Atlantic City to Tampa, and are generally pretty cheap.

I tried that search and spirit was more expensive than others :) $298 compared to $255 ATM. But option can never hurt, it could change when the OP eventually books the flights :)

Well, bit the bullet and did it at almost $400 per. I shouldn't whine. there are so many European cruisers on this board who would love that fare. So I'm just going to forget it and be happy! Yay!

I'm sure that you will forget all about the airfare once you are on the ship enjoying the warm Carribean ocean ...

Enjoy your cruise, we only live once.

Joanne

I live in Wyoming, so flying to a cruise port is not cheap. My husband has a bad back, so sitting around airport terminals is not good either. I allow $500 a person to fly to a port, so if I get it lower than that, I grab it. We're going to drive to Denver this next time to fly out of DIA (we're dropping our dog off to stay with my daughter and it's along the way).

I got 2 RT tickets non-stop (they leave and arrive at great times too) to Boston for $319 each. This includes all the taxes and fees. There may be a lower price in the future, but I am happy with this price. The tickets were only $85 or so more apiece than the 1 or 2 stop tickets. Not having to worry about missing a leg of our trip and not having to fly at odd hours was worth the extra money for us. We also don't have to sit at airports waiting and using up valuable vacation time. We arrive in Boston at 2:00 in the afternoon and return to Denver at 1:00 pm.

I am with the other poster above and hope that they don't cancel my flight. I am insured tho so I am hoping that the trip insurance will cover and extra costs I may suffer if this should happen.

I guess the bottom line is to pick a price you can live with and don't look back.

I've been waiting for it to drop a little, and it's just been going up, up, up! I can't believe how high it is now! I've got 4 tickets to buy, and it'll cost me $1,600. I've never had to pay even $1,000 before. Do you think it might go down? Or go even higher? The thing is, it's good that I waited because I have to change my cruise date from June 14 to March 15 because of my daughter's nursing school schedule. (I'm happy to be going sooner!) So if I had bought them a few weeks back at the lower price I would have had to change them anyway, sigh.... So, what do you guys think? Wait, or go ahead and spend the money now?

What about spirit do they fly from Atlantic City to Tampa?

pat

I wish I could get four flight for $1600!!!Last March we had to pay $1000 per person to go from Toronto to Miami .

I would say buy it now because that was the mistake I made. I waited thinking the price would go down.

Shipty2, why would you bother flying out of Pearson. The fares out of there are rediculous now. Drive an hour to Buffalo, and you probably could have gotten fares for $200 a person. Parking is even cheaper.

Search, search, search!..lol..that is what I do...sometimes all throughout the day...and for days on end to get the best deals and I usually end up with good ones. It takes time but I can usually find them. We are flying out New Years day from KC to FLL and I got the four of us with taxes and fees, for $804. We are going on the Destiny on Jan 3-8 and staying two nights precruise (the 1-2nd Jan) at a 4 star hotel on the beach for $360 (total with taxes, etc for two precruise nights). When it comes to traveling I am a bargain hunter! I do not take crappy hotels or anything like that, I just look until I find what I want at the price I want.

Last december my dd and I went on a 5 night cruise on RC, OV cabin, 5 nights to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios for $329 pp, I thought that was a great deal!

I have gotten RT air from KC to FLL for $148 pp including all fees..

if you have the time, they are out there :)

First of all, if you think your airfare is expensive, try being from Western Canada and wanting to fly to Florida. I booked my air for January back in September. I found an incredible deal on United for $889 (Canadian). Prior to that, the cheapest I had found was $1200. I have been looking on Air Canada, United, and West Jet to see what the prices are at now. The cheapest I can find is around the $1600 Canadian price. This is for ONE passenger, not two, ONE!

My free cruise I won is actually going to cost me $1300 with air, hotel, cab fare to port and from airport to home when I get back. I should also mention the $80 I'll have to pay for my luggage ($40 each way).....

If I could take a day or two off before and bus/train it to port, I would, but that doesn't quite work when it takes 9-10 hours to fly to Miami (with layover) from where I live...

WOW ! ! Do I ever feel for you guys who have to spend a fortune JUST TO GET TO THE CRUISE PORT ! !

When I go through this thread, I'm amazed at how lucky I am to be 40 minutes away from 2 cruise ports and 100 miles from another one. :) So driving always figures into my calculations.

When I do have to fly to Miami or Olando to cruise, I always take a redeye (cheap) to the East Coast and still get fantastic pricing IMHO.

Just checked on flights to FLL to cruise out of Miami. Incredible I thought. DELTA redeye from LAX to FLL Round Trip non-stop - $219 ! !

That's all the way across the country and back for $219 :confused: . . . hard to believe. Have flown DELTA before and always enjoyed the trip, although usually sleep all the way on the redeye, arrive fresh at 6:00am in Fort Lauderdale (with a slight krink in my neck). :D

I use sidestep.com. Best airfare search engine I've ever experienced. :)

Archived