Trafalgar Falls to Calibishie Beaches in Dominica on Cruise

psynurse

Hi: Coming in for the day on the Galaxy from 7am to 4pm. Does anyone know how long would take to go to Emerald Pool, Trafalgar Falls and then to beaches in Calibishie area(Batibou/ Hodges/ Pointe Baptiste Beaches)? Would like to swim in maybe 2 of them as pretty, calm opposed to Champagne Beach as we dont snorkel. Is this close to the Carib Indian Area also? Need to be able to definitely be back at ship on time. Thanks for help, Elaine

• 3 weeks later...

From Roseau to Calibishie is approx 1 hour and 15 minutes. Batibou Beach is a little west of Calibishie. I went to Batibou and Point Baptiste Beaches. I did not make it to Hodges Beach. Batibou was **gorgeous**. Pointe Baptiste was lovely- deserted and a dramatic setting with palm trees and black sand and red cliffs on one side. However, I didn't enjoy swimming there. There is quite a bit of coral. We walked to the far west side of the beach where the water seemed clear of coral and even there it wasn't great- a little rough for my taste. It was also quite narrow- not much of a place to lay out towels and chairs. I would definitely recommend Batibou over Point Baptiste Beach.

From Roseau to Trafalgar is about 15-20 minutes. But remember it is to the east. So you would have to drive twenty minutes to Trafalgar and then twenty minutes back and then head north. I'm not sure how long it takes to get to Emerald Pool from Roseau as we did that tour when based on the east coast.

The Emerald Pool is quite close to Carib territory. I believe it is about 30 minutes away from Barana Aute.

Archived