For those with easyclicktravel experience ...

Sthomp

I've been watching easyclicktravel for a while and saw a named hotel that I was interested in. Now it's not on the site. Do hotels add and drop off frequently? Our cruise is about 5 months away, did I wait too long? :( Any chance that hotel will be added again?

The hotels offer discount and bidding sites only a certain number of discounted rooms. Sort of like airlines do with discounted seats.

Sometimes they'll add more, if the vacancy rate proves low as the date approaches. So you really can't count on it either way. Watch it for a while and see if it reappears.

You mention "5 months" from now. Are you traveling in April? If so I wouldn't waste too much more time. If spring break comes into play on your dates, the discounted rates will be pulled the closer you get to the date.

What hotel are you looking at and for what date/s?

The dates are May 7-9. Loews was there for $242/night just a few days ago, but gone now. I know that's a great price for Loews, but we were hesitating because we didn't know if we wanted to spend that much. What looks like the Intercontinental is around $166ish and we are considering that too.

Thanks for your help.

You might also want to look at Hotwire. By using betterbidding.com, I have been able to narrow down the hotels described. But it's not a 100% sure thing like on Easy click named hotels.

Since you'll be staying for more than one night, yes, I'd recommend you stay in the S. Beach area because everything is so walkable. And so fun people watching and dining on the street.

The dates are May 7-9. Loews was there for $242/night just a few days ago, but gone now. I know that's a great price for Loews, but we were hesitating because we didn't know if we wanted to spend that much. What looks like the Intercontinental is around $166ish and we are considering that too.

Thanks for your help.

Grab the Intercontinental for $166ish. It's a wonderful hotel and easily worth that price.

BTW, for the record, if you book through easyclicktravel and the price comes down, you can call them and they will rebook you at the lower price.

Grab the Intercontinental for $166ish. It's a wonderful hotel and easily worth that price.

BTW, for the record, if you book through easyclicktravel and the price comes down, you can call them and they will rebook you at the lower price.

If the OP is spending 3 days, I wouldn't stay at the Intercontinental. It'll take cabs to go anywhere and S. Beach area will be more convenient for eating out, shopping, people watching etc.

If the OP is spending 3 days, I wouldn't stay at the Intercontinental. It'll take cabs to go anywhere and S. Beach area will be more convenient for eating out, shopping, people watching etc.
I've had no problem staying at IC for longer than a day or two. The new spa in the hotel is absolutely stunning and the gym facilities are wonderful. They have a lovely outdoor pool and restaurant/bar area.

I think hotels in Sobe will be much higher priced and as far as getting around, the People Mover is right outside the door of the IC.

We will be there for two nights. SoBe would be fun, but I'm leery of some of the hotels there. Many of them are not named on easyclick, and I don't think I want to take a chance on booking them blind.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

Archived