The Prytania Park Hotel

NSBFloridaRetiree

I am considering this hotels park and cruise package which includes a room at 89.00 plus parking. We would have to stay two nights...probably 3/7 and 3/15. We cruise 3/8 through 3/15 on the NCL Spirit.

For those who have stayed at the Prytania Park Hotel, what is your reaction to it and how did you get to the cruise terminal from the hotel?

Does anyone have a better recommendation? We do prefer hotels with character versus the bog box hotels.

Thank you.

I am considering this hotels park and cruise package which includes a room at 89.00 plus parking. We would have to stay two nights...probably 3/7 and 3/15. We cruise 3/8 through 3/15 on the NCL Spirit.

For those who have stayed at the Prytania Park Hotel, what is your reaction to it and how did you get to the cruise terminal from the hotel?

Does anyone have a better recommendation? We do prefer hotels with character versus the bog box hotels.

I've not stayed there, so can't give first hand knowledge, but from what I've heard you might consider other places. Of the list on http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/1/subsectionID/0

I would say if you want to stay in the Garden District (and some do) The Maison St. Charles would be a better bet. If you want to stay closer to the Quarter (where the action is) I'd go with the Bienville House. Both of these are not your typical high class (room in a box) type hotels - they are older hotels with character. Both are in safe areas and have good reviews.

I stayed in Maison St. Charles in May and it was NASTY. The room I was in reeked of urine, and I had to complain A LOT before they moved me. It was not a nice place at all. I loved the streetcars, but it is not that convenient to get to the quarter.

If you do go this route, make sure you buy a streetcar pass (one day 5 bucks, 3 days 12 bucks). It makes it so much easier.

One other thing---if you stay there, eat at VooDoo BBQ- it's just past there on the right.

However, I had to walk through a group of about 100 men, hooting and hollering to get there. Had I been alone, or with just another woman, I would have hesistated.

The rest. is on St. Charles and MLK BLVD.

Thanks for the review. I e-mailed the St. Charles two days ago and they have not responded. The Holiday Inn French Quarter offered a great deal - $169.95 for the night before cruise plus up to eight days of parking. I decided to grab it even though it is not my ideal hotel.

Thanks again, everyone.

Dont count of getting a response from Masion St Charles you are better to call them direct. We've stayed there before and the room was not bad. We had a 3rd flr room with view of the courtyard/swimming pool. We had to pay for 1nt of parking and they locked up the car for a week while we went out on a 7 day cruise. We will be there again on Dec 6th as we sail out on the Spirit on the 7th. Room is $69 + $17parking. Can not beat that. Plus getting to the FQ is easy now that the streetcars are running again. We've stayed in both the FQ and Garden District preferring the GDistrict because of parking and cost of rooms.

Thanks for the review. I e-mailed the St. Charles two days ago and they have not responded. The Holiday Inn French Quarter offered a great deal - $169.95 for the night before cruise plus up to eight days of parking. I decided to grab it even though it is not my ideal hotel.

Thanks again, everyone.

That's the same place we are staying for our trip this weekend. The parking deal is pretty good and the location is ideal. it's not exactly the ambiance we are looking for either but it's just a place to sleep for us. The real attraction for us is being able to walk out ther lobby door and be right in the middle of the French quarter.

That's the same place we are staying for our trip this weekend. The parking deal is pretty good and the location is ideal. it's not exactly the ambiance we are looking for either but it's just a place to sleep for us. The real attraction for us is being able to walk out ther lobby door and be right in the middle of the French quarter.

Same here. I'll be interested in any feedback you can offer. We are so very ready for our cruise in March.

Dont count of getting a response from Masion St Charles you are better to call them direct. We've stayed there before and the room was not bad. We had a 3rd flr room with view of the courtyard/swimming pool. We had to pay for 1nt of parking and they locked up the car for a week while we went out on a 7 day cruise. We will be there again on Dec 6th as we sail out on the Spirit on the 7th. Room is $69 + $17parking. Can not beat that. Plus getting to the FQ is easy now that the streetcars are running again. We've stayed in both the FQ and Garden District preferring the GDistrict because of parking and cost of rooms.

If a hotel is too lazy to respond to an e-mail, I wonder how good their service will be. I'll stick with the HI in the French Quarter this trip but may try a hotel in the GD next time.

If a hotel is too lazy to respond to an e-mail, I wonder how good their service will be. I'll stick with the HI in the French Quarter this trip but may try a hotel in the GD next time.

Their service will NOT be any better. I had the worse experience there, and I go to NOLA as often as time and budget allow. I prefer the old style hotels, the one I like was actually a brotel years ago. However, when we go for our cruise in October, I will try to stay somewhere cool, but it's not absolutely necessary since it is for 2 days before and 2 after.

We are sailing out on the Spirit on Dec7th and are looking forward to our stay at the Masion St Charles. Major factors are parking (free while on the cruise just pay for the first night $17) and second the price (paying 69.00) It is an old property that needs help but so do many of the NOLA hotels event the high prices ones. We go to the city often and customer service is hit or miss with more miss then hit but we still have a good time. Street car is located in the front of the hotel and cost $1.50 each way. If you drive to the Quarter you can figure another $15 for parking and the majority of hotels will charge you $20-30per nt parking then you have to park at the pier for another $14 per day. This makes the Maison St Charles very attractive when you add up the costs. Keep in mind its only for a night and you are getting what you pay for. Will coment when we return on Dec15th.

We are sailing out on the Spirit on Dec7th and are looking forward to our stay at the Masion St Charles. Major factors are parking (free while on the cruise just pay for the first night $17) and second the price (paying 69.00) It is an old property that needs help but so do many of the NOLA hotels event the high prices ones. We go to the city often and customer service is hit or miss with more miss then hit but we still have a good time. Street car is located in the front of the hotel and cost $1.50 each way. If you drive to the Quarter you can figure another $15 for parking and the majority of hotels will charge you $20-30per nt parking then you have to park at the pier for another $14 per day. This makes the Maison St Charles very attractive when you add up the costs. Keep in mind its only for a night and you are getting what you pay for. Will comment when we return on Dec15th.

Sounds good. We'll stay at the Holiday Inn and will review that. I am OK paying 170 at the HI versus 127 at the Maison. Had the reviews of the Maison been more positive, I would have tried it. Since my wife is going with me, I cannot risk a bad experience. By the way, someone from the Maison did finally reply to my e-mail.

They replied:

Thank you for your interest in the Maison St. Charles Hotel. We do have a bonvoyage package that includes the room, and complimentary parking while you are on the cruise. The night that you would stay over you would have to pay the $18 parking fee. The room rate would be $109 for a king bed and $119 for a room with 2 queen sized beds.

• 5 weeks later...

We booked at the Drury Inn under the cruise special ($99 a night) and there wasn't a minimum. Free parking and the biggest plus for us is that it comes with a full hot breakfast (scrambled eggs and sausage) instead of just a continental. I have to have my protein, so it's well worth the extra $10 per night for us, because we'd spend more than that on breakfast for the three of us. Plus, it has great reviews on Trip Advisor and here on CC.

Thanks again, everyone.

I've stayed there many times. Nice hotel, nothing fancy but clean & safe. Good location. Easy access to trolley, Harrah's, the French Quarter. Walgreens to the right, liquor store directly across the street, McDonalds to your left on Canal.

Thanks - one follow up question - would you stay at the Parc St Charles - I have to change my hotel booking because of a change in arrival dates and this property appeals to my pocket book. The other property on my list is the Queen and Crescent?

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks - one follow up question - would you stay at the Parc St Charles - I have to change my hotel booking because of a change in arrival dates and this property appeals to my pocket book. The other property on my list is the Queen and Crescent?

Either would be acceptable to me - Parc St. Charles is probably a bit better location in relation to French Quarter

Archived