Norwalk will this work to clean cabins?

SISSY III

A friend of mine uses a mixture of alcohol and water to clean her kitchen and bathrooms.. I believe she uses 50/50 mix. OK ALL YOU MEDICAL TYPES WADE IN!!!! Can we use this to "sanitize" our cabins would you suggest a stronger mixture?. Seems like an inexpensive way to clean the cabins. Leaving Sat for our Sunday sailing.

I don't think you cabin is the main cause of the problem but more so the common areas of the ship. How would you propose to keep everything clean? If the passengers don't all contribute to the general cleanliness of the ship cleaning your cabin alone isn't going to help much.

I agree with RC, The biggest problems onboard a ship is the OTHER passengers!! Just like anything else in life, there are those that don't even fathom others are alive. Their "I paid for this trip, so I'm gonna do what I want" attitude contributes emmensely to the cleanliness of the ship. They throw garbage on the deck, flick cigarettes overboard (A MAJOR FIRE HAZARD) and leave their clutter all over. I wish they would keep in mind that they may have paid for THEIR cruise...but they DIDN'T pay for MINE!!! Crew members are cleaning the ship 24 hrs a day, usually AFTER dirt bags. So goes the term "Ship-Shape". I also agree that I beleive that the Norovirus is more airborne then anything else. I usually use a combination of 1 part bleach to 10 parts water. Although, bringing alcohol wipes are good for cleaning things like handles.

fully agree with above poster. I think its the airbourne factor that is a mojor contributor and the fact that these selfish ill people continue to roam the ship. I would recommend some dettol/ cif antibacterial wipes or even buy some milton sterilising tablets, they are easy to use just dilute in sink water and wipe over everything.

Archived