Balcony Dividers on Navigator

I don't believe the balconies open at all on Nav--the dividers are part of the hull of the ship!

Besides, you would lose your privacy if you were able to open them--your neighbors could see into your cabin from the balcony. You 'd have to keep your drapes closed, defeating the whole purpose of the balcony!

I don't believe the balconies open at all on Nav--the dividers are part of the hull of the ship!

Besides, you would lose your privacy if you were able to open them--your neighbors could see into your cabin from the balcony. You 'd have to keep your drapes closed, defeating the whole purpose of the balcony!

Balcony dividers do open on Navigator and Mariner, it's the first 3 in the voyager class that have the balconies in the hull.

In response to the OP's question, it seems that it is still captain specific as to if they'll open the dividers or not

Actually, the Navigator (& Mariner) are the "newer" versions of the Voyager class where the balconies have the glass/hinged dividers that are capable of opening.

No one values their privacy as much as I do but in this case my wife and her sisters are taking the 2/5/09 Navigator cruise and have connecting cabins. I thought it would be a nice touch if their balcony was open to each other.

Thanks

We were very disappointed on the Mariner back in September when the staff would not open up the balcony dividers. They told us that the captain would not allow them to do it for "safety reasons". We never could find out the specific reason. Doesn't make sense to build a ship to have connecting balconies but then not let them be used.

Thanks for the input. I can understand where weather (high winds, etc.) could cause the latches that hold the panels open to release and then the panels would be swinging freely and endangering anyone on the balconies (not to mention the panels themselves) but more often than not, the weather is calm and they should allow the panels to be opened.

It's a "minor" perk but I hope they relax the policy

Actually, the Navigator (& Mariner) are the "newer" versions of the Voyager class where the balconies have the glass/hinged dividers that are capable of opening.

No one values their privacy as much as I do but in this case my wife and her sisters are taking the 2/5/09 Navigator cruise and have connecting cabins. I thought it would be a nice touch if their balcony was open to each other.

Thanks

We're 4 friends(2 cabins) on the same cruise.......it would be nice if we could open the dividers...

Archived