Creating a Photo Slideshow Of Your Cruise?

UpstateCruizer

I've been looking at various programs trying to find something that will allow me to take the photos from our last 4 Carnival cruises and put them onto a dvd to create a slideshow. I can burn my pics to a Dvd so that's no biggie but I want to be able to play them using the DvD player to view on tv. I also want the program to allow me to add my own music to the slideshow. It just dawned on me while I've been searching trying to find a program that will do all this that fellow Carnival cruiser's have probably done this themselves and could point me in the right direction. I think it would make a great gift for someone that's cruised in the past as well. So, if you have done this can you please point me in the right direction of which program will allow me to do all this? Thanks a bunch :)

I've been looking at various programs trying to find something that will allow me to take the photos from our last 4 Carnival cruises and put them onto a dvd to create a slideshow. I can burn my pics to a Dvd so that's no biggie but I want to be able to play them using the DvD player to view on tv. I also want the program to allow me to add my own music to the slideshow. It just dawned on me while I've been searching trying to find a program that will do all this that fellow Carnival cruiser's have probably done this themselves and could point me in the right direction. I think it would make a great gift for someone that's cruised in the past as well. So, if you have done this can you please point me in the right direction of which program will allow me to do all this? Thanks a bunch :)

You might want to check out Pisca from Google or Microsoft Photo Story. Both are free and should be able to do what you want.

I use ProShow Gold from Photodex (http://www.photodex.com/) for my slide shows. You can put your shows on CD, DVD, share them on the Photodex website or put them in your own website. You can add your own music, add motion to the pictures and all sorts of other things. It's not free - it's about $70 - but I've gotten my money's worth. The program is great for vacations, holidays and weddings too.

If you're interested, here's a slide show I put together (I hope this link works).

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2939968&alb=107186

I've used Windows Movie Maker (with XP or Vista), and found it to be very user friendly. I made a cool DVD slideshow for my daughter's college graduation party that looped on the big screen over and over. Good luck!

If you find you will be making quite a few slide shows, you may want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements. A very powerful photo editing program. I am not sure if you can burn DVD's directly from this program. I usually burn from Premier Elements or Nero. I know several people that use this in conjunction with ProShow Gold and have excellent results.

Try Windows Movie Maker first (free) and if you enjoy it, check out some of the programs mentioned in this thread. Have fun.

Richard

Archived