Help ! 9a aft wrap question !

mr jailerman

I'll try to keep this quick..;) I WANT my own Queen/King sized bed to myself ! I am taking my DS (He's 9) and I from New York to Canada on the Triumph NEXT AUGUST. Due to capasity control issues with Carnival, I had to book a Cat 11 to get a third bed for DS so I can have my own bed. I have wanted to try an AFT WRAP 9A for a while. There are still 4 left for my sailing ! The two corners of Deck 8 and the two on Deck 7. MY QUESTION IS : Even though Carnival says that these cabins sleep two, CAN they sleep three ? Can the couch be made into a bed for a good sized 9 year old or is it to small ? Can I tip the cabin steward and get a roll away bed placed somewhere in there and is their room ? I would love to switch to a WRAP AROUND but need a bit of space for a BIG GUY..;) :D Most jailers are..:) Thanks for any info and have a great day..

I'll try to keep this quick..;) I WANT my own Queen/King sized bed to myself ! I am taking my DS (He's 9) and I from New York to Canada on the Triumph NEXT AUGUST. Due to capasity control issues with Carnival, I had to book a Cat 11 to get a third bed for DS so I can have my own bed. I have wanted to try an AFT WRAP 9A for a while. There are still 4 left for my sailing ! The two corners of Deck 8 and the two on Deck 7. MY QUESTION IS : Even though Carnival says that these cabins sleep two, CAN they sleep three ? Can the couch be made into a bed for a good sized 9 year old or is it to small ? Can I tip the cabin steward and get a roll away bed placed somewhere in there and is their room ? I would love to switch to a WRAP AROUND but need a bit of space for a BIG GUY..;) :D Most jailers are..:) Thanks for any info and have a great day..

There aren't couches on deck's 7 or 8. So unless son wants to sleep on the floor...The wraps on deck 6 have couches, but they usually only like to book them with parties of 3.

The cabins are set up rather odd shaped, so I can't imagine squeezing a cot in there. But I would try calling your PVP/TA to see if they will let you order a cot for a 9A

Best wishes!

There aren't couches on deck's 7 or 8. So unless son wants to sleep on the floor...The wraps on deck 6 have couches, but they usually only like to book them with parties of 3.

The cabins are set up rather odd shaped, so I can't imagine squeezing a cot in there. But I would try calling your PVP/TA to see if they will let you order a cot for a 9A

Best wishes!

:eek: I just looked at photo's on WEBSHOTS of these cabins and they DO have the Tan "Leather Look" loveseat in them ! Don't scare me like that ..;):D

NO, the prior poster is correct about the couches, on certain decks there are no couches/love seats. only a table and 2 chairs, due to the configuration of the room. You may google a certain room but the webshot photo you click on may not be exactly what you seached. i would call whomever you booked your trip with and talk about whichever 9A wraps are left and see if there is room for a roll away, many of the wraps are configured oddly so it may be difficult

NO, the prior poster is correct about the couches, on certain decks there are no couches/love seats. only a table and 2 chairs, due to the configuration of the room. You may google a certain room but the webshot photo you click on may not be exactly what you seached. i would call whomever you booked your trip with and talk about whichever 9A wraps are left and see if there is room for a roll away, many of the wraps are configured oddly so it may be difficult

I think you are refering to the two middle aft cabins on each deck with no sofa and not the Corner AFTS. But I did take your advice just in case and called Carnival to double check and their is a sofa in this cabin..:D So my hopes are still alive ! :D

well thats a step in the good direction then, as i know my 9A wrap for my upcoming cruise only has a table and chairs. If you know the 9A wrap that you want has an available sofa i would say talk to your DS about it, he may be comfortable in that sofa made up. There is a website out there that lists all the rooms and how it can be configured, although im drawing a blank on it now. ill see if i can find it and if i do ill post it for you. If not hopefully someone else will come along in the meantime with a better answer

On the Triumph, they will put a fold up cot in just about any cabin. I am also considering one of the cabins you mentioned and have already contacted them about placing three in the cabin. The response was that yes, as long as we understand that doing so will require a rollaway.

On the Triumph, they will put a fold up cot in just about any cabin. I am also considering one of the cabins you mentioned and have already contacted them about placing three in the cabin. The response was that yes, as long as we understand that doing so will require a rollaway.

:D They are a bit funny their at Carnival.. Long story short.. I had Booked this cabin #8328 on the Destiny months ago and after further talks with GF we decided to go up North instead of South this year and switched to this Triumph cruise. When I had #8328 on Destiny , I was told that the Cabin WOULD accommodate a Roll Away bed. Now the EXACT same Cabin on Triumph I am told will not ? :rolleyes: I have seen webshots photo's of both cabins and they ARE THE SAME ! :rolleyes: So.. I Just don't know.. ? Maybe just take the bit and keep the Cat 11..:mad: I insist that my DS comes back after a long night at Camp Carnival to a nice CLEAN bed..

Keep in mind that Destiny and Triumph are 2 different classes of ship.

While the floor plans may look similar, the rooms may be indeed different.

I've had someone tell me my pictures of Destiny #8328 look exactly like their Triumph wrap. They're different classes of ship, but the only differences is that the Triumph fixed some weaknesses in the Destiny layout. Cabin decks are pretty much the same across Destiny, Triumph, and Victory.

I've had someone tell me my pictures of Destiny #8328 look exactly like their Triumph wrap. They're different classes of ship, but the only differences is that the Triumph fixed some weaknesses in the Destiny layout. Cabin decks are pretty much the same across Destiny, Triumph, and Victory.

I just up-graded to #8428 a couple hours ago and just check Carnival's website and the prices just went up again ! :eek: I just saved $100.00 by switching this booking when I thought about it 2 hours ago.. I guess I will figure something out with littleman's sleeping place. If all else fails (Trundell Bed Request, Roll Away Request) I will give the Cabin Steward some extra $$ to make my cabin up LAST..;) :D At least the bed will be nice and fresh if I have to share with him right..:D I have a BIG AFT WRAP on Deck 8 leaving New York City now and I'm excited ! :) :D

I just up-graded to #8428 a couple hours ago and just check Carnival's website and the prices just went up again ! :eek: I just saved $100.00 by switching this booking when I thought about it 2 hours ago.. I guess I will figure something out with littleman's sleeping place. If all else fails (Trundell Bed Request, Roll Away Request) I will give the Cabin Steward some extra $$ to make my cabin up LAST..;) :D At least the bed will be nice and fresh if I have to share with him right..:D I have a BIG AFT WRAP on Deck 8 leaving New York City now and I'm excited ! :) :D

You won't regret it!

On the Destiny there was a roll away stored under the bed. Not sure if it's always there, or it got moved there because we were 3. But if you have 3 in the cabin, they should automatically bring in a roll away for you if the couch doesn't make out into a bed.

You won't regret it!

On the Destiny there was a roll away stored under the bed. Not sure if it's always there, or it got moved there because we were 3. But if you have 3 in the cabin, they should automatically bring in a roll away for you if the couch doesn't make out into a bed.

:) Thanks once more..:)

:D :D Thanks "Jayscore" I had a feeling you would stop by..:eek: ;) Thanks once more..
There isn't room in 8428 for a 'roll away', unless you are gonna' take out the table/chairs and not use the hanging closet..! Good luck!!;)

ps: The 'main' bed in that cabin is a 'Queen'..:)

There isn't room in 8428 for a 'roll away', unless you are gonna' take out the table/chairs and not use the hanging closet..! Good luck!!;)

ps: The 'main' bed in that cabin is a 'Queen'..:)

:D Looks like my 9 year old DS will be getting half (Well Almost :D) of that bed.. that's ok.. He's a great kid. I just prefer my own but that's alot of cabin to give up for such a small issue.. HEY QUESTION : The pvp @ Carnival told me that they not only have Roll Away beds but also trundell beds that are smaller and fit under the beds. Any chance that might work ? P.S. One more question: How can the two deck 8 Wraps on Destiny be able to fit a Roll Away according to Carnival and these two on Triumph can't ? Thanks for any input as always..:)

Unfortunately Destiny, Triumph and Conquest class ships are all a tad different, so what 'I think', from personal experience, may not necessarily hold true..:rolleyes::p You may still be in luck, but the 9A cabins are basically the same size, and interior room is at a minimum, but the balcony is HUGE!!!:D

ps: I'm sure a 'bed' may fit under the main bed...: My issue is "where would they put it for someone to sleep on it"'??:eek: There just isn't all that much room in those cabins...

The Deck 6 cabins have the sofa bed... See if you can switch to that..! Problem solved!!!!:)

Unfortunately Destiny, Triumph and Conquest class ships are all a tad different, so what 'I think', from personal experience, may not necessarily hold true..:rolleyes::p You may still be in luck, but the 9A cabins are basically the same size, and interior room is at a minimum, but the balcony is HUGE!!!:D

ps: I'm sure a 'bed' may fit under the main bed...: My issue is "where would they put it for someone to sleep on it"'??:eek: There just isn't all that much room in those cabins...

The Deck 6 cabins have the sofa bed... See if you can switch to that..! Problem solved!!!!:)

You need to have 3 booked in a cabin to get deck 6 and their are only two booked. As far as space, If the steward could set up one of those trundell beds where the table and chair are I would be fine with that. I will give the steward some extra tips and maybe he could just set that trundell up in that corner at night ? Worth a try.. If not we will manage..:)

I wish you luck! :p Sounds like you really would rather have 'seperate sleeping'... Could your PVP help you out?? :confused:

I had a Cat. 11 aft wrap booked on the Legend, and I asked my PVP what would happen if the DS decided to book another cabin with a friend (probably an IS), and there were only two of us in a cabin that accomodated three (3)..:)

He GUARANTEED that it would NOT be an issue!! :p I wonder if 'supply and demand' falls into this, but our booking in June 2009 is not selling well.. Could that be the issue..!?? Truthfully, I'm not sure...:o

I wish you luck! Sounds like you really would rather have 'seperate sleeping'... Could your PVP help you out??

I had a Cat. 11 aft wrap booked on the Legend, and I asked my PVP what would happen if the DS decided to book another cabin with a friend (probably an IS), and there were only two of us in a cabin that accomodated three (3)..

He GUARANTEED that it would NOT be an issue!! :p I wonder if 'supply and demand' falls into this, but our booking in June 2009 is not selling well.. Could that be the issue..!?? Truthfully, I'm not sure...:o

OH believe me..This has been WELL discussed with Carnival.. Because this cruise is in early August their is a capasity control order in effect.:rolleyes: I told them that in February I had a Cat 12 on Inspiration to myself (At least till I got on ;))and that could sleep 5 and they would sell that to me. Now what makes now any different. I also had a Oceanview cabin on Fascination with a pullman that I never needed. What's different now ? And they said that I would have to continue to book a Suite if I wanted a Cabin that sleeps 3 with only 2 people..:rolleyes:

OH believe me..This has been WELL discussed with Carnival.. Because this cruise is in early August their is a capasity control order in effect.:rolleyes: I told them that in February I had a Cat 12 on Inspiration to myself (At least till I got on ;))and that could sleep 5 and they would sell that to me. Now what makes now any different. I also had a Oceanview cabin on Fascination with a pullman that I never needed. What's different now ? And they said that I would have to continue to book a Suite if I wanted a Cabin that sleeps 3 with only 2 people..:rolleyes:

Whops..;)

Unfortunately Destiny, Triumph and Conquest class ships are all a tad different, so what 'I think', from personal experience, may not necessarily hold true....

*If* 8428 Triumph is like 8328 Destiny, there's room, but it'll be tight. It would be on the side of the room away from the door. See this pic:

2735711430055171848S600x600Q85.jpg

The couch is normally pushed up against the wall with the square picture. There's a little more space than you can see between where the bed is and the couch is currently.

Or, if you move the table and tuck the chair under the vanity, it would probably fit here:

2785697590055171848S600x600Q85.jpg

*If* 8428 Triumph is like 8328 Destiny, there's room, but it'll be tight. It would be on the side of the room away from the door. See this pic:

2735711430055171848S600x600Q85.jpg

The couch is normally pushed up against the wall with the square picture. There's a little more space than you can see between where the bed is and the couch is currently.

Or, if you move the table and tuck the chair under the vanity, it would probably fit here:

2785697590055171848S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks very much.. Knowing my luck I'll get the one room steward whom CAN'T be Bribed $$ :eek: :D We shall see..:)

Its amazing the things we do for those wonderful 9A balconies..!!:D

We were offered Cat. 11 'upgrades' on our upcoming cruise cruise from the 9A! NOPE!!:p Stayin' put...

I guess with a little help from the cabin steward (and a nice tip in hand), some type of bed could be squeezed in there..

Certainly wouldn't be much 'move-around' room tho'..:rolleyes: Have a great cruise...!!

ps: Our upcoming cruise ship is experiencing a "missing Monkey search"...:eek:

Archived