Sea Otter/Wildlife Quest 6/12/09

Cattravel10

Hi - Have been in touch with Capt. Davey (Sitka) who has come highly recommended thru the Alaska boards. I want to sign up but need five more people to join me, for $150.00 each. His boat only holds six people so will get a very personalized experience, much cheaper than booked through the ship. Anyone interested?????????? Not sure if I should post this here - Host Dan?

I am puzzled by the post because when we took our Regent cruise in Alaska several years ago (it was Radisson then), we did a mixture of our own excursions and those offered by the ship. One we did through the ship was the Sea Otter/Wildlife Quest, and it was great. It certainly was on a bigger boat, which isn't all bad. We actually saw more whales on it than on a whale cruise in Juneau. In addition we saw loads of otters, and the narration from the guide was very good. I also know that it was less than $150 per person. However, I am unable to check current prices because the excursions are too far off to have prices posted on the Regent Web site.

I am puzzled by the post because when we took our Regent cruise in Alaska several years ago (it was Radisson then), we did a mixture of our own excursions and those offered by the ship. One we did through the ship was the Sea Otter/Wildlife Quest, and it was great. It certainly was on a bigger boat, which isn't all bad. We actually saw more whales on it than on a whale cruise in Juneau. In addition we saw loads of otters, and the narration from the guide was very good. I also know that it was less than $150 per person. However, I am unable to check current prices because the excursions are too far off to have prices posted on the Regent Web site.

That was exactly my experience when we cruised Alaska on Mariner in 2006. I feel that the SeaOtter/Wildlife Quest was substantially less than $150 and tried to verify this on the Regent website, without success.

But we did see plenty of otters and also whales with a very informative guide.

I was on the Mariner this last June and want to say I paid around $160-$165 for the Sea Otter/Wildlife Quest. It was well worth the $ and had a fabulous time. I do know the prices are going up on all excursions (AK) for 2009. There was reference to this left in my cabin. It is not that I am complaining about the prices (if I have a great time, its worth it), it is the fact of a much more personalized experience with only six people as opposed to 40 or however many. Many people do like to book independent excursions. Should anyone like to visit Capt. Davey's website, it is www.puffinsandwhales.com. Only wanted to throw this out there for anyone interested who will be on the 6/10/09 sailing. Would be nice to get a group of six together.

Archived