To book or not to book

st3ph888

Hi, so my boyfriend and I have been tossing around booking the Jan 3rd. Cruise on the Celebrity Century- From Miami to Ocho Rios, Jamaica & George Town, Grand Cayman. We found what I think seems to be a very nice price on the Celebrity website (199.00pp)

We've got some concerns though and I don't know if we just over-analyzing this or if they are legitimate concerns, I would really appreciate feedback.

-We can't see on a chart or anywhere where the room we would book would be no deck information or even a general idea of where it would be. He's concerned that it would be a room with bunk beds? I've been trying to assure him that it wouldn't be- but I don't want to be wrong. This is exactly what it says online

Z

Inside Guarantee Category

Deck(s): N/A

Stateroom Area: N/A | Veranda Area: N/A

Features: Features

Two convertible beds or lower bedsPrivate bathroom23" LCD-HD TelevisionWireless internet access*

* For a nominal fee

- Then we are concerned about Ocho Rios especially after reading on the forums here about how aggressive the people can be etc. Grand Cayman from what I've read we are not so concerned about. Would you recommend that we book with the cruise line in Ocho Rios, and perhaps try to do our own thing in Georgetown? Or should we just do both through the cruise? Because I've read sometimes it's hard for people to get into Georgetown with the waves?

- Also from what I've read on Celebrity's website it says the age requirements are : "No guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms" I am 20 while he is 22- so this doesn't seem like it would be an issue, when I've tried it out online like filling in the info it isn't flagging it as an issue does anyone have experience with a similar situation?

Sorry our questions are probably so lame, but I've traveled extensively w/ family (one of the perks of having parents who work for the airlines) just never cruised before -he's never cruised before either. I would appreciate any advice, tips or experiences you would be willing to share.

Much thanks!! :)

Hi, so my boyfriend and I have been tossing around booking the Jan 3rd. Cruise on the Celebrity Century- From Miami to Ocho Rios, Jamaica & George Town, Grand Cayman. We found what I think seems to be a very nice price on the Celebrity website (199.00pp)

We've got some concerns though and I don't know if we just over-analyzing this or if they are legitimate concerns, I would really appreciate feedback.

-We can't see on a chart or anywhere where the room we would book would be no deck information or even a general idea of where it would be. He's concerned that it would be a room with bunk beds? I've been trying to assure him that it wouldn't be- but I don't want to be wrong. This is exactly what it says online

Z

Deck(s):N/A

Two convertible beds or lower bedsPrivate bathroom23" LCD-HD TelevisionWireless internet access*

* For a nominal fee

Don't think Celebrity HAS any bunk beds until you put 3-4 people in a room!! Then some rooms have bunks that drop down. Carnival has those tho, bunkbeds> Go online to another TA and check their plans to see if ANY rooms have bunks.

- Then we are concerned about Ocho Rios especially after reading on the forums here about how aggressive the people can be etc. Grand Cayman from what I've read we are not so concerned about. Would you recommend that we book with the cruise line in Ocho Rios, and perhaps try to do our own thing in Georgetown? Or should we just do both through the cruise? Because I've read sometimes it's hard for people to get into Georgetown with the waves?

Ocho Rios : Has Dunn River Falls, one of the best tours my Husband ever took ( You climb UP the falls with just scads of other people, and all have a rollicking time) Beautiful city, do a tour tho, be a bit more comfortable.

- Also from what I've read on Celebrity's website it says the age requirements are : "No guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 21 years or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms"I am 20 while he is 22- so this doesn't seem like it would be an issue, when I've tried it out online like filling in the info it isn't flagging it as an issue does anyone have experience with a similar situation?

He's over 21 isn't he??

Sorry our questions are probably so lame, but I've traveled extensively w/ family (one of the perks of having parents who work for the airlines) just never cruised before -he's never cruised before either. I would appreciate any advice, tips or experiences you would be willing to share.

Much thanks!! :)

1st cruise??...be prepared to be "hooked"..only WE got hooked on the long expensive ones instead of the 199$$ ones Try It You'll like it, sounds like you need to see a little more of this water world we live in! If we can do these places at nearly 67 & 70...piece of cake for you young'uns.:D

There are no bunk beds on the Century, so go ahead and book that gty rate. We purchased a category Z recently and the assigned cabin was a cat 10 inside. As far as Ocho Rios, I am not a big fan but you may enjoy it. In the worst case, you can always spend the day relaxing on a near-empty ship while others are ashore if you don't care for the port.

Z

Deck(s):N/A

* For a nominal fee

Those "Guarantee" cabins mean that it's pot luck as to which cabin you will get - it is up to the cruise line's discretion as to which it will be, and they just specify a minimum level. For example, if it said Oceanview guarantee, it means that the cabin will at least be a cabin with a view (or, rarely, better), so it won't be an inside cabin. Inside is the lowest category though, so it means your cabin could be any available when they come to allocate.

They will tell you in advance of the cruise, but you can't find out until after you have paid, so if knowing the deck/location is important to you, then you would need to pay for the next level up, where you can select your cabin.

Archived