AOS boarding time

comet1

I just got my cruise docs in the mail for AOS 12/12. It says boarding time is 4pm. From what I have read here people say you can get on noon-1pm. Will they let me on early. We are arriving a day early and would like to get on the ship to check it out with few people.

Also we booked our own air. Our flight time leaving San Juan is 11:30am. SHould I be concerned this is too early? What happens if we would miss the flight, do they just put us on another one. Do the charge for this?

Thanks

Troy

Hey comet1, we are on the same AOS sailing! Did you sign up for the Meet & Mingle, last time I checked there were only 12 signed up (need 25).

I would think we will be about right if we arrive at the ship around 1200 to 1300. We are flying in the day before, and are planning to be at the pier around noon.

The boarding time is totally dependent on how fast they clear the ship from the previous cruise, if there is a security or customs problem it can sometimes hold it up. But usually not. They will start boarding earlier than the stated time on your cruise documentation. We like to get on early, see the ship and hit the buffet at the Windjammer before the hordes descend. The cabins are usually available by 1, and they will be serving lunch in the buffet starting around 1, so you can see they expect people to be there.

The return flight at 1130 may be ok, our last cruise from San Juan we had a 1 PM flight and we were at the airport by 0930. Our return flight isn't until 1630 so we will be in no great hurry to go to the airport and wait. May do an excursion in San Juan.

Mark, Juli, and Brent

Archived