Any photos of Solstice AFT Sky Suite???

cruisewmn

All of the photos on this blog entry are of aft Suite #2148. I probably have a few more, or higher resolution if you need them. Overall, the aft suite felt a bit deeper than the same category on the side of the ship. And, this one had the balcony that was covered from the overhang of the Oceanview Grill/Bar. We noticed a bit of noise from sliding tables/chairs around in the bar area above. It shared a "private" entry alcove with #2146

http://blog.globaltraveldestinations.com/default.asp?TopicID=160

MileHighCruiserGuy-

Thanks for the photos. Great shots!:)

I guess I should have been more specific in my request (I didn't realize that there were Aft Sky Suites that were traditional in shape). I should have asked for any CORNER AFT Sky Suite photos. I'm interested to see the round window on the side of the suite and how the cabin is situated with the slanted window to the balcony.

MileHighCruiserGuy-

Thanks for the photos. Great shots!:)

I guess I should have been more specific in my request (I didn't realize that there were Aft Sky Suites that were traditional in shape). I should have asked for any CORNER AFT Sky Suite photos. I'm interested to see the round window on the side of the suite and how the cabin is situated with the slanted window to the balcony.

Sorry, no photos that I can figure out how to post. However, we were in one of these on the Penthouse Deck. The round window is very cool and makes a quite comfortable lounger.

I think the furniture in these is laid out generally the same as in the other Sky Suites. The door to the veranda is at an angle, but contrary to how the deck plans appear on Celebrity's website, at least 1/3 of the veranda is oriented facing directly aft. Does that help/make sense? In other words, these verandas are sort of boomerang shaped.

Our friends were in a corner aft Sky Suite on deck 10--I think eventually these are going to have to be a 3rd class of Sky Suite as the verandas are partially obstructed by window washing equipment. I also liked our 11th deck suite better--it may have been my imagination, but it felt like ours was a little wider, if perhaps not as long. Also, their sofa shared the wall with the bed--our sofa faced aft and was right under the porthole. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about these rooms.

I don't know if I made it clear, but I loved these suites and will have a hard time trying anything else. In fact, these suites were the only thing about Solstice that I liked better than the Constellation.

cruisewmn: We also have an AFT Sky Suite "corner" and would love to see what that looks like both inside & out.....

txsloth: Thanks for the explanation; we'll be on Deck 9 so hopefully no window washing equipment problems !! ;)

Sorry, no photos that I can figure out how to post. However, we were in one of these on the Penthouse Deck. The round window is very cool and makes a quite comfortable lounger.

I think the furniture in these is laid out generally the same as in the other Sky Suites. The door to the veranda is at an angle, but contrary to how the deck plans appear on Celebrity's website, at least 1/3 of the veranda is oriented facing directly aft. Does that help/make sense? In other words, these verandas are sort of boomerang shaped.

Our friends were in a corner aft Sky Suite on deck 10--I think eventually these are going to have to be a 3rd class of Sky Suite as the verandas are partially obstructed by window washing equipment. I also liked our 11th deck suite better--it may have been my imagination, but it felt like ours was a little wider, if perhaps not as long. Also, their sofa shared the wall with the bed--our sofa faced aft and was right under the porthole. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about these rooms.

I don't know if I made it clear, but I loved these suites and will have a hard time trying anything else. In fact, these suites were the only thing about Solstice that I liked better than the Constellation.

Aft Sky Suites are S1 while the others are S2. I can't recall exactly what deck but we saw two of the S1 suites during a cabin crawl. The one on the starboard side had two poles/post in the rooms while the port side had one pole. One pole in each had the pole/post next to the bed.

I have booked one of these S1 cabins and will be keeping regardless of the pole/post.

And no I didn't take pictures which clearly was a mistake.

Aft Sky Suites are S1 while the others are S2. I can't recall exactly what deck but we saw two of the S1 suites during a cabin crawl. The one on the starboard side had two poles/post in the rooms while the port side had one pole. One pole in each had the pole/post next to the bed.

I have booked one of these S1 cabins and will be keeping regardless of the pole/post.

And no I didn't take pictures which clearly was a mistake.

Ours on deck 11 had 2 poles, including 1 right up against the bed--I was afraid I'd hurt myself in the middle of the night, but it didn't end up being a problem at all. Our friends on deck 10 had 1 pole which was more centrally located.

Ours on deck 11 had 2 poles, including 1 right up against the bed--I was afraid I'd hurt myself in the middle of the night, but it didn't end up being a problem at all. Our friends on deck 10 had 1 pole which was more centrally located.

Were you both on the same side of the ship? In otherwords port or starboard?

I have some picture of the corner SS on Solstice. I will try to post them this weekend. I though this room was huge with a great lay out. It is certainly bigger than the SS I have been in on M and C class ships.

Just bringing this forward and hoping that (by now) one of our previous Solstice cruisers has been in this category and can give a report and "possibly" pictures !! :D:D

Hi, Betty! I don't have any photos, but if you click on your screen name at the top of your post, it will take you to the photo of YOU I told you about on our cruise!:)

I hope we can keep in touch! My email is rcbills at verizon dot net.

Miss you guys!

Randy

Ma Belll: Thank you, thank you, thank you.............

The pictures of 'my' corner AFT Sky Suite is a wonderful Holiday present :D

Now just have to wait eleven months for our TA on EQUINOX !! ;)

redhead: Thanks for the tip; sending you an e-mail........

Ours with 2 poles was port--theirs with 1 was starboard.

Can't imagine that having posts in the SS cabins was in orig. design, wondering if some structural flaw showed up after a certain point that couldn't be corrected any other way for needed support??:confused:

Ma Belll: Thank you, thank you, thank you.............

The pictures of 'my' corner AFT Sky Suite is a wonderful Holiday present :D

Now just have to wait eleven months for our TA on EQUINOX !! ;)

redhead: Thanks for the tip; sending you an e-mail........

Betty,

You're more than welcome. They look even better in person. We have one on the TA too and will also be celebrating 40 years on Nov. 1st.:)

I finally updated the pictures from the two day cruise. There are several pictures of the aft SS. I barely noticed the support pole in the room. Quite honestly, this was my favorite of all the Sky Suites I have stayed in (C and M class) and I would book this room without hesitation. I didnt get pictures of it, but there is a huge foyer outside the cabin door that is shared with the adjoining cabin. The room was quiet as this foyer blocked any hallway noise completely.

To see the pictures, click on my link below my signature.

• 1 month later...

Will be taking Solstice Med cruise staying is an aft sky suite on sky deck - pole, poles? Is this a poor choice and should I change cabins to different deck? Looked like the corner aft had a somewhat larger verandah - illusion? Love these message boards:o Overall stateroom looks amazing.

Archived