Barbados Beach

katiel53

When we arrive in Barbados on the Constellation in December, we would like to go to a beach where it is easy to get in an out of the water. I have recently had a total knee replacement, and am worried about trying to get out of the water where there is a strong undertow. Does anyone have a suggestion for us? Thanks.

Katie

Hi Katie

I would like to suggest you perhaps try Sandy Beach or Accra Beach.

West Coast Beaches like Paynes bay are also psoibilites hwever some times of the year the shoreline changes and you have a sort of step down into the sea.

Accra and Sandy Beach are usualy a flat walk all the way out ther also have restaurants and washroons chair rentals ect :)

Have a great time in Barbados I visit Accra quite often myself so who knows I might see you there:)

Hi Mcboo

South beach and Blue Horizon are across the road from Accra beach.

There is Accra Hotel that is right on the beach fairly new nice hotel

There is also Amaryllis hotel further down the road and they also have a great beach. The Amaryllis is newly renovated and a very nice hotel.

Blue Horizon is older but brightly painted quite nice.

South Beach is newer but from there pool deck you basically walk down the stairs to the street. They have nice rooms and everything I just don’t like the situation with the pool. Blue Horizons is in the Back and the Property is bigger.

The area around Accra beach also has several shops and restaurants. Chinese Food, Fish Grill, Fast Food, Barbecue Barn, Sports Bar, Polynesian Restaurant, Greek, Local, Threes a little Coffee place as well and a mini Mart in Quayside Center which is also across from Accra beach.

Hope the info helps :cool:

Archived