Can we walk to everything?

sp29488

We'll be sailing in May of next year on Carnival Fascination. I believe we will port at the Navy pier. Will we be able to walk to all the attractions from where they drop us off at? Things like: Butterfly Conserv., Southern most point, light house, etc.

Thanks for all the info. We've spent a week in Keywest before but it's been years and I really can't remember if we could walk to everything.

Thanks again for the info.

Does anyone know where I can get a map or layout of the area so I can already know where everything is located? Maybe something on line?

This is about the best one I've seen on-line, from the Sebago Site...

http://www.keywestsebago.com/images-maps/keywest-lg.jpg

But there is a row of shops along the docks on the side away from the ocean. One of these is the Fury store where you can sign-up for trips or buy stuff. They have maps of Key West for free.

Pjk

Celebrity offers a self-guided shore excursion for $19 that gives you admission to 3 different historic houses, one is Audubon, one is I believe where Hemmingway lived, and 1 other. Is that worth it, or should we buy them from this store you mentioned by the dock?

Celebrity offers a self-guided shore excursion for $19 that gives you admission to 3 different historic houses, one is Audubon, one is I believe where Hemmingway lived, and 1 other. Is that worth it, or should we buy them from this store you mentioned by the dock?

Admission to the Audubon House is $10.00 and there is a $1.00 off coupon on their web page

http://www.audubonhouse.com/coupon.htm

The Hemingway House is, I think, $12.00 and you can save $1.00 by buying tickets at the Trolly stop across from the Wrecker's Museum just off the docks.

Another potential is the Mel Fisher museum which is $11.00 and this is about average for houses / museums. That's at least $30.00 so it seems like a good deal. Just going into the Audubon gift shop is free but you cannot get into the Hemingway gift shop without paying to enter the grounds.

Pjk

• 4 weeks later...
We'll be sailing in May of next year on Carnival Fascination. I believe we will port at the Navy pier. Will we be able to walk to all the attractions from where they drop us off at? Things like: Butterfly Conserv., Southern most point, light house, etc.

Thanks for all the info. We've spent a week in Keywest before but it's been years and I really can't remember if we could walk to everything.

how do you find out where you dock? or is there only one?

how do you find out where you dock? or is there only one?

There are three docking areas for cruise ships two of which are adjacent and the other a few hundred yards away.

Here is the city's cruise ship calendar http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

which shows the Conquest to be docked at The Westin pier (one of the two closest) from 10am to 6pm.

Mike:)

• 3 weeks later...
There are three docking areas for cruise ships two of which are adjacent and the other a few hundred yards away.

Here is the city's cruise ship calendar http://www.keywestcity.com/department/calendar.asp?fDD=13-192

which shows the Conquest to be docked at The Westin pier (one of the two closest) from 10am to 6pm.

Mike:)

Thanks for the schedule but where is the dock key? We are visiting on the Veendam on Feb 15th which will dock on M but I don't know which dock is M.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

my key west story is this.....in sept i and a friend got off the trolley at the market area and chatted about taken the trolley to the southern most point and thought y dont we start walking and see what happens. did we really want to pay that price if we could walk it...

well we started down the main road...hit a bar or 2 for a drink to go and a potty break ....and b4 we knew it we walked all the way to the southern most point....it wasnt bad at all. on the way back we hit the butterfly house...and another bar and back to the pick up point for the cruise ship. it was nice....but as soon as we got on the bus and was goin thru the check point it started to rain and it was a down pour...thank god we didnt have to walk back in that.

but i would say u can do it ....just watch the clock

go to keywest.com

on the left side there is a menu...click on "map of key west" for an interactive map where you can click on what attractions you want to be displayed. pretty handy.

Archived