Upsell on the Sun

wernew2cruising

Hey everyone. I am so excited. I was just checking my email and there was an upsell offer. I called and we are now in an AD on the Sun all the way up from a BC. $540. I didn't think that was bad at all.

This is our first NCL and after being treated so nice I am sure it won't be our last.

Now, what is it is I hear about the curtains being closed etc? We are on the viking deck. Bridge is 2 decks up!

Hey everyone. I am so excited. I was just checking my email and there was an upsell offer. I called and we are now in an AD on the Sun all the way up from a BC. $540. I didn't think that was bad at all.

This is our first NCL and after being treated so nice I am sure it won't be our last.

Now, what is it is I hear about the curtains being closed etc? We are on the viking deck. Bridge is 2 decks up!

This sounds like bragging to me...................:eek:

Well, bragging seems to be the second most popular indoor sport on these pages. Complaining, of course, is number one.

We'll work on that one when we come back....actually, they just told her she gets to eat free at Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, the only problem is that she can't find a Cagney's on the SUN!!!!! LMAO!!!!! :D

I really wasn't bragging...I was just so excited and wanted to share with you guys. This was a touch and go week about whether we were even getting to go that the upsell call kind of made our week.

I wanted to know about the curtain/door/light issue I vaguely remember reading something about the forward cabins and this issue.

If anyone can answer I will really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

If I recall correctly, on the Jewel, there were 2 front doors, one in front of the other. The outer door was a big white metal bulkhead door and then there was a wood paneled door that faced inward. There was a sign stating not to open during movement and not to open at night I believe. Also the curtains must be closed at night. Of course, we did go out there once or twice with the lights off. It's windy but beautiful. I think you made a very smart move and at a great price! You probably saved thousands over retail.

I really wasn't bragging...I was just so excited and wanted to share with you guys. This was a touch and go week about whether we were even getting to go that the upsell call kind of made our week.

I wanted to know about the curtain/door/light issue I vaguely remember reading something about the forward cabins and this issue.

If anyone can answer I will really appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

They know your not bragging there just jealous ;)

Like you guys wouldn't wet your selves if you got the call :eek:

In answer to your question about the forward AD suite on the Sun, we were in cabin 9003 in October. You will love your suite -- especially the bathroom! On the Sun, there is no metal outer door just the regular sliding glass doors to the balcony. At night your room stewards will close the drapes so lights from your room will not cause any problems in the bridge which is directly above you. However you are able to use the balcony and there is also an outside light that can be used as well. It has a blue lightbulb in it. I was a bit worried about causing problems for the bridge but it was never a problem and I was on that balcony every night.

Enjoy your great upsell and take advantage of all the perks. We especially enjoyed breakfasts and lunches in Il Adagio. They will totally spoil you there.

If you get a chance, tell Belkys (your concierge) that the Browns from West Virginia said hello.

I don't think the OP is bragging! There are a lot of threads about upsells!

Thanks for sharing your great news, OP! (I think there might be some jealous posters on this thread...):eek:

No kidding. Tough crowd.:eek:

To the OP, congrats on the great upsell. Hope you have an amazing cruise.:)

In answer to your question about the forward AD suite on the Sun, we were in cabin 9003 in October. You will love your suite -- especially the bathroom! On the Sun, there is no metal outer door just the regular sliding glass doors to the balcony. At night your room stewards will close the drapes so lights from your room will not cause any problems in the bridge which is directly above you. However you are able to use the balcony and there is also an outside light that can be used as well. It has a blue lightbulb in it. I was a bit worried about causing problems for the bridge but it was never a problem and I was on that balcony every night.

Enjoy your great upsell and take advantage of all the perks. We especially enjoyed breakfasts and lunches in Il Adagio. They will totally spoil you there.

If you get a chance, tell Belkys (your concierge) that the Browns from West Virginia said hello.

I sure will. About the bathroom....I have seen 2 different things on NCL website...does it or does it not have a whirlpool tub? I am thrilled about the tub but man if it has a whirlpool I will be in HEAVEN!

I don't even know what all the perks are other than we can eat breakfast and lunch somewhere different. (pathetic that I take something and don't know anything about it) I just wanted that balcony.

• 1 month later...
I sure will. About the bathroom....I have seen 2 different things on NCL website...does it or does it not have a whirlpool tub? I am thrilled about the tub but man if it has a whirlpool I will be in HEAVEN!

I don't even know what all the perks are other than we can eat breakfast and lunch somewhere different. (pathetic that I take something and don't know anything about it) I just wanted that balcony.

Sorry if my reply is too late but wanted to let you know that you will have a whirlpool tub to enjoy!

Archived