Effective TODAY ! Carnival Corporation Ends ALL Fuel Surcharges for 6 Cruiselines ! !

mr jailerman

Hi All..:) Just read a typed letter here at Cruisecritic on the Carnival section that was awesome. Not sure how to paste it here so just go over there and read it for yourself on PAGE 1 . The letter Dated TODAY December 4Th, 2008. States that as of TODAY December 4Th The Carnival Corporation which includes the Cruiselines : Carnival , Costa , Cunard , Holland America , Princess , And The Yachts Of Seabourn Due to Oil prices reaching $46.00 a Barrel have suspended ALL fuel surcharges at this time ! Anyone sailing any of these brands prior to December 18Th will get an OBC for the surcharge they have paid. Anyone else will get their new cruise invoice mailed to them MINUS the surcharge for their NEW amount due ! :D Does anyone here think their is a chance NCL will not be following in the next few days ! I bet Royal Caribbean will do the same by Monday. Go check it out ! Something good did come of this crappy economy..:D P.S. Look under the Thread "Breaking News on Fuel Supplement policy" :D

I just quickly glanced at the Carnival board and see there is a thread discussing the increased price in "many" sailings. If that's the case, it seems now could be a good time to book NCL. Maybe get the lower price and then the fuel surcharge will be removed.

I can dream can't I?:D

You know their might be some truth to that ! I have a cruise booked on both Carnival and NCL and Yesterday my Carnival cruise went up $80.00 for new bookings and today I find out I will be getting a $72.00 credit ? :D Funny how that happens ? So Carnival is going to let the new reservations pay for the existing reservations refunds ? :eek: Maybe ? :)

Cruiselines can raise their prices all they want. Ultimately, the cruise fare will be determined by supply and demand while any surcharges are mandatory.

If demand is low, price will come down. Eliminating the surcharge is a positive thing despite the price increase.

I have to admit, it would be a very nice Christmas gift if I got my fuel surcharge back for my cruise in 2 weeks. These things do tend to roll through the industry once one does it, but I think I'll not hold my breath....

I have to admit, it would be a very nice Christmas gift if I got my fuel surcharge back for my cruise in 2 weeks. These things do tend to roll through the industry once one does it, but I think I'll not hold my breath....

I think you will see NCL follow But might not help you being so close to your cruise.. Good Luck Though..:)

I found this on NCL's web site:

The criteria for refund will be determined on a quarterly basis. Should the closing price on the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange) of West Texas Intermediate fuel be below $65 per barrel two weeks prior to the beginning of the calendar quarter (dates specified below), the company will refund fuel supplements paid in the form of an on-board credit.

This date will be December 18, 2008 for the first quarter of 2009.

NCL's frequently asked questions link, click on What is the Fuel Supplement?

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ

Looks like I will be getting an OBC for my Feb. 22 cruise.:)

I think you will see NCL follow But might not help you being so close to your cruise.. Good Luck Though..:)

Do you think it would help if I promised to give it right back to them by spending a 150 bucks more than I planned? :p

I was curious about this where NCL was concerned, so I went to look at our reservations. When I made our arrangements, the fuel supplement was 154$ for the two of us and I have the document that states that. When I went into the NCL reservations tonight on their website, I don't see the 154$ amount listed in the fuel supplement block and my fare is lower than the original documents. Anyone else notice it in their documents?

I was curious about this where NCL was concerned, so I went to look at our reservations. When I made our arrangements, the fuel supplement was 154$ for the two of us and I have the document that states that. When I went into the NCL reservations tonight on their website, I don't see the 154$ amount listed in the fuel supplement block and my fare is lower than the original documents. Anyone else notice it in their documents?

YES ! :D I thought I was going to be right about them following Carnival but I didn't think it was going to be that fast ! My April cruise has also be credited back with NO surcharge as of tonight. Someone just started a Thread on this as people are starting to go look up their cruise accounts and find that nice surprise.:)

Hi All..:) Just read a typed letter here at Cruisecritic on the Carnival section that was awesome. Not sure how to paste it here so just go over there and read it for yourself on PAGE 1 . The letter Dated TODAY December 4Th, 2008. States that as of TODAY December 4Th The Carnival Corporation which includes the Cruiselines : Carnival , Costa , Cunard , Holland America , Princess , And The Yachts Of Seabourn Due to Oil prices reaching $46.00 a Barrel have suspended ALL fuel surcharges at this time ! Anyone sailing any of these brands prior to December 18Th will get an OBC for the surcharge they have paid. Anyone else will get their new cruise invoice mailed to them MINUS the surcharge for their NEW amount due ! :D Does anyone here think their is a chance NCL will not be following in the next few days ! I bet Royal Caribbean will do the same by Monday. Go check it out ! Something good did come of this crappy economy..:D P.S. Look under the Thread "Breaking News on Fuel Supplement policy" :D

I'm trying so hard not to get too excited, because I know NCL...all we can do is hope! It would be amazing since I've so many Cruises booked with them....5! I would love to get it all back. What can you do right?

I'm trying so hard not to get too excited, because I know NCL...all we can do is hope! It would be amazing since I've so many Cruises booked with them....5! I would love to get it all back. What can you do right?

Good News !! NCL followed Carnival 4 hours later last night ! Look for some threads with the announcement ! CONGRATS ! :D

Archived