To Book ahead or not to....

Tropical Storm Ruby

We want to do Sting Ray City really bad. We were wondering if we should book with the private company now or wait till we get off the tender? Any suggestions or experiences with this? We are "scheduled" to be there Dec. 7 - Tues. Thanks

We did Captain Martain. It was great when will you know if your ship will be one of the once alowed to stop.

Ruby - We are pre-booked with Capt. Marvins for Thur., 11/25 and our confirmation e-mail from Ruth stated that we won't be charged if the ship does not "land" any passengers. If the ship does drop off people and we don't show, then we are charged for the reservation.

Several parties in our group have booked both on line and by phone and have had a similiar (and very good!) experience. I've heard good things about Capt. Marvin's, Nativeway and Soto's and all are back up and working. If you have any questions, I'm sure they can answer them for you.

Have fun and good luck.

We want to do Sting Ray City really bad. We were wondering if we should book with the private company now or wait till we get off the tender? Any suggestions or experiences with this? We are "scheduled" to be there Dec. 7 - Tues. Thanks

I would not wait until you arrive in GC. Most of the private companies book-up long before the ship arrives.

We made reservations with Capt Marvins 3 months before arrival, they are booked full now. They will not charge if the ships does visit Grand Cayman.

There are numberous operators at the tender dock....with much better prices. Wait til you arrive! A big plus is smaller boats will enhance you experience. Hate to say it, but you have a lot of hungry people who have not seen a ship since early September. I would saw your changes of getting a quality tour at a reasonable prices will increase on the dock.

Thanks Searanger - that is what my DH suggested, but of course I couldn't tell him he had a good idea:rolleyes: . We have only been on one other cruise. It was short, sweet, and we were inexperienced. Now we are trying to do our best in the research department - So thank you everyone for the response this will help our decision.

Archived