probably a stupid question but humor me...

taralu7

okay, here's the scenario. my DH and I and our baby are listed together in one room. my parents and my daughter are listed together in one room. my son (14) and my nephew (9) are listed together in one room. so i'm trying to finish up our funpass stuff...i got ours for me, dh and baby. we got my parents and my daughters, but when i went to do my son and my nephew for their booking #... it won't let me complete it. keep in mind that my nephew only got his passport last night and i haven't inputted his passport #, etc. in that section yet. also, as far as the onboard expense account----for our booking #, my DH and I both have charging privaleges while our baby doesn't, ofcourse. my parents both have charging privaleges while my 11 1/2 year old daughter does not.... so i went under my booking # and went to the "set up onboard expense account" section, to where it says (in a blue box) "include guests from another booking"---so i did that and put in the booking # for my son and my nephew and gave them no charging privaleges.

my question is mainly this: is the reason that i can't finish their funpass ONLY because i don't have my nephew's passport info. put in?

also, am i going about this expense account thing correctly? i don't want my son or nephew to be able to charge anything on their own (not that i think they would...but they're kids, ya know?)

thank you in advance for the responses. y'all haven't let me down yet.:)

You're probably right in assuming that you need the passport info to complete the fun pass. Looks to me like everything else is in order. (I'm not an expert but it all made sense to me.)

Sounds like you are on the right track and you definately need that passport number for your nephew. If you haven't done so already you need to inquire as to what kind of documentation you will need to provide that proves you have permission to leave the country with your nephew.

I don't think this is related to your fun pass not being complete. However, pardon my ignorance, but I thought that there has to be at least one passenger in the stateroom that is over 21. There are exceptions if the stateroom is occupied by monors who are married or domestic partners. Just don't want you to be surprised later. Maybe "groups" are different. :confused:

okay, here's the scenario. my DH and I and our baby are listed together in one room. my parents and my daughter are listed together in one room. my son (14) and my nephew (9) are listed together in one room. so i'm trying to finish up our funpass stuff...i got ours for me, dh and baby. we got my parents and my daughters, but when i went to do my son and my nephew for their booking #... it won't let me complete it. keep in mind that my nephew only got his passport last night and i haven't inputted his passport #, etc. in that section yet. also, as far as the onboard expense account----for our booking #, my DH and I both have charging privaleges while our baby doesn't, ofcourse. my parents both have charging privaleges while my 11 1/2 year old daughter does not.... so i went under my booking # and went to the "set up onboard expense account" section, to where it says (in a blue box) "include guests from another booking"---so i did that and put in the booking # for my son and my nephew and gave them no charging privaleges.

my question is mainly this: is the reason that i can't finish their funpass ONLY because i don't have my nephew's passport info. put in?

also, am i going about this expense account thing correctly? i don't want my son or nephew to be able to charge anything on their own (not that i think they would...but they're kids, ya know?)

thank you in advance for the responses. y'all haven't let me down yet.:)

It may be that you are trying to book 2 minors into a room without an attending adult. Carnivals policy states that there must be one person over 25 in the cabin with children. You may want to check on that.

I don't think this is related to your fun pass not being complete. However, pardon my ignorance, but I thought that there has to be at least one passenger in the stateroom that is over 21. There are exceptions if the stateroom is occupied by monors who are married or domestic partners. Just don't want you to be surprised later. Maybe "groups" are different. :confused:

This is more than likely the reason. They won't give a Fun Pass to two minors sharing a room.

What you will have to do is place a Adult in each room and then make the switch when you get on board....go to the Pursers Desk to make the changes ( it is done all the time ) you can also restrict there account there if you wish.....

Sounds like you are on the right track and you definately need that passport number for your nephew. If you haven't done so already you need to inquire as to what kind of documentation you will need to provide that proves you have permission to leave the country with your nephew.

thank you. i typed up and printed out something giving myself, my DH and my parents all the right to take him with us and to provide medical care in an emergency. his mother and my brother are supposed to both sign that and have it notarized. so far though, his mother's not been very cooperative on anything else, so who knows what she'll do or not do.

i don't know why the TA booked it that way really. there are 4 adults going on this cruise, so it's not like there's not enough adults to supervise 4 kids in 3 different rooms. i pointed that out to the TA on the phone today. i told her, i don't want any surprises when we get on the ship...i'd like to have as much of the red tape taken care of as possible.

What you will have to do is place a Adult in each room and then make the switch when you get on board....go to the Pursers Desk to make the changes ( it is done all the time ) you can also restrict there account there if you wish.....

so what should i do? call back the TA and tell her to change the names in the rooms or what? why would they not do this from the "get go"? that seems silly to me.

but pretty much par for the course, sorry to say, with this group of travel agents... they had my son down as a female (had to get that straightened out)...then they told me that they didn't receive our final payments for the cruise... so long story short, i ended up canceling the checks used to make the final payment, then turns out that lo and behold, they DID receive my payment and i stopped payment on the checks for nothing...meanwhile they had charged my credit card for the remaining 1800$... money comes OUT of a bank account fast, but it takes DAYS UPON DAYS to return the money TO your account after a mishap like that. (the TA had to call the credit card company and cancel the transaction) so i ended up having to shuffle money around b/w savings and checking and being scared that i was gonna bounce checks all over the USA. the TA did pay for the stop payments on the checks (76$) but it was tremendous aggravation! i hope you could all follow that story. that was the brief run down...

anyhoo, if you got this far...what should i do? why in the world would the TA people set it up that way if they knew it was gonna come back to bite us in the butt later. that's foolish isn't it?

so what should i do? call back the TA and tell her to change the names in the rooms or what? why would they not do this from the "get go"? that seems silly to me.

but pretty much par for the course, sorry to say, with this group of travel agents... they had my son down as a female (had to get that straightened out)...then they told me that they didn't receive our final payments for the cruise... so long story short, i ended up canceling the checks used to make the final payment, then turns out that lo and behold, they DID receive my payment and i stopped payment on the checks for nothing...meanwhile they had charged my credit card for the remaining 1800$... money comes OUT of a bank account fast, but it takes DAYS UPON DAYS to return the money TO your account after a mishap like that. (the TA had to call the credit card company and cancel the transaction) so i ended up having to shuffle money around b/w savings and checking and being scared that i was gonna bounce checks all over the USA. the TA did pay for the stop payments on the checks (76$) but it was tremendous aggravation! i hope you could all follow that story. that was the brief run down...

anyhoo, if you got this far...what should i do? why in the world would the TA people set it up that way if they knew it was gonna come back to bite us in the butt later. that's foolish isn't it?

Sounds like you got a TA that's not experianced in cruises. Just have either you or your husband moved into the boys room for the purpose of check-in. Then once you are on board as was stated earlier you can change rooms etc. Good luck with everything...and have a great cruise!

You need to have your TA put one adult with each boy... Could be one of the grand-parents, if not you or your DH.. :)

TA must not know about the 'minors' traveling together in a cabin without 'in-cabin' supervision! :p Like the other poster said, you can switch it all around at the Purser's desk, once you board..!;)

ps: I have found it to be much easier to book directly with CCL... For the most part, the PVP's know the rules!!:D

Did you book assigned rooms?

If your son and nephew are in a room right next or directly across the room from yours, they can be booked in a room by themselves. Many on here do that every time they cruise.

If you don't have your nephew's passport number, try just saying he will have a birth certificate and see if it will let you print it then. That will get rid of that possibility. You can go back in and edit it when you get his passport number to put in.

If your son and nephew are in a room right next or directly across the room from yours, they can be booked in a room by themselves. Many on here do that every time they cruise.
I was under the impression that there was an 18 year old 'rule' there... Sorry, guess I may be mistaken..:(

Hope the OP is able to work out the issues..!:p

Did you book assigned rooms?

If you don't have your nephew's passport number, try just saying he will have a birth certificate and see if it will let you print it then. That will get rid of that possibility. You can go back in and edit it when you get his passport number to put in.

actually, that did occur to me but i haven't gotten around to trying it out. i'll have my nephew's numbers and dates today anyway... thank you so much.

also, we have 2 rooms that are next to each other, then there's another room that's not ours, then we have the next room. so it's us, us, not us, us. LOL make sense? :D

i will call the TA soon and have them swap our rooms around. but will that mess up our paperwork now? if they do that, won't i have to go back and print up new funpasses?

i'm so lost

thank you. i typed up and printed out something giving myself, my DH and my parents all the right to take him with us and to provide medical care in an emergency. his mother and my brother are supposed to both sign that and have it notarized. so far though, his mother's not been very cooperative on anything else, so who knows what she'll do or not do.

Be sure you have this paper work, i have seen them refuse to let kids on board because they didn't have it (parents weren't there) and that would be a real bummer.

Carnival website states that minors may travel in a room (cabin) by themselves, but it must be a 'connecting' cabin to adult supervision!:rolleyes:

Take it 'for what it's worth'... things change daily in this crappy economy..!!;)

actually, that did occur to me but i haven't gotten around to trying it out. i'll have my nephew's numbers and dates today anyway... thank you so much.

also, we have 2 rooms that are next to each other, then there's another room that's not ours, then we have the next room. so it's us, us, not us, us. LOL make sense? :D

i will call the TA soon and have them swap our rooms around. but will that mess up our paperwork now? if they do that, won't i have to go back and print up new funpasses?

i'm so lost

You will need new funpasses, but better to do a little extra work now and avoid a big hassle trying to board. I'm sorry your TA was so inept he or she is causing you more work then necessary. But hopefully our cruise will make it all worth while.

port of miami CCL (or it could of been FtL CCL).

I have a cousin who works at RCCL in FTL checkin

he has (not by choice) had to many times deny passangers from bording due to no id. but with children that are not your own all cruise lines are very strict. They have to be! As long as you have the form signed and notorized by both parents you are fine.

Well, dont think that is true. In my second room we have 4 kids and the oldest is only 19. We were able to complete the funpass for their booking.

Archived