How does the wine debit card work on Solstice?

tbmrt

These are the stations:

It was not being offered during our pre-inaugural. Prior posts have the gist of it. The wines will change I was told, but you can request one ounce, two or three ounce pours.

It will allow you to sample that $500 bottle of wine and tell your friends you once drank a $500 a bottle wine (but you didn't pay that much). I was not told how much each pour would cost, but I think it would be based on how much the bottle was.

Those were great photos!! Thanks tons!

They expect you to use the same glass? And no palate cleansers in between tastings?

I too would want to change the glass if I am tasting, but I am also not seeing $500.00 wines. ;)I have never seen this kind of a set up. It's neat!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their details on this system. I have learned something new!:)

I too would want to change the glass if I am tasting, but I am also not seeing $500.00 wines. ;)I have never seen this kind of a set up. It's neat!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their details on this system. I have learned something new!:)

Since it was not in operation, I think the wines were just for show rather than for actual experience.

There is a wine bar set up like this in Winter Park. Its a lot of fun. It was also featured on the Orlando episode of Samantha Brown Great Weekends on the Travel Channel. Great addition to the ship. IMHO.

Thanks for the photos.

Flagger - thanks for the photos. Was it just the 16 bottles (8 red and 8 white) in your photo available or did they have a larger number stations around the room? It would be really cool if they had a good percentage of their wine list available - or at least a fair number more.

Flagger - thanks for the photos. Was it just the 16 bottles (8 red and 8 white) in your photo available or did they have a larger number stations around the room? It would be really cool if they had a good percentage of their wine list available - or at least a fair number more.
There were only two stations that I saw. They are to the right as you entered on the wall.

Like I said, I think those bottles were only for show but I have no idea for sure.

Just booked on Saturday morning, and trying to get up to dates on the various posts.

Found this website from the Enomatic Wine Tasting System.

http://www.enomatic.com/website/default.asp?catIDPadre=33&catID=34&NewsLan=MONDO

Sounds like a great idea, I prefer much smaller samples than my husband.

Our experience with other types of wine tasting has been either fresh glasses, or the ability to rinse the one glass between uses. Would imagine/hope that would be the case.

John - your post was too funny!

Solstice on Saturday! (December 14)

Sara

Just back from Solstice. They change the bottles daily. You can use as many fresh glasses as you wish, and there are palate cleansers available. Cellar Masters is an amazing space, but sorely underused. You can smell the rich leather chairs as you walk past. It has great intimate sitting niches. It's the type of place that would be standing room only in many downtown bars, but I never saw more than 1 or 2 people using it. Perhaps it is too dark and secluded to do well at sea? Hopefully more people discover it.

Archived