Liberty Questions

stive1

We will be sailing on the Liberty on 1-24 and have a couple of questions. I had someone tell me that this boat is testing anytime dining....any truth to this? Also heard they have relaxed some restrictions on what you can wear to the dining room. Hope someone can help with this since we would really like these two changes if true. Thanks for your help.

My parents are on the Liberty right this minute. They are on a B2B and just returned from a week and are getting ready to sail out for another week.

I asked her about your questions and she said yes, they are true. They do have the anytime dining, and her maitre d' told them that all Carnival ships would incorporate that option into their ships in 2009.

As for the dress code, she said on formal nights it seems that people were really casually dressed.

Hope this helps, and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask and I'll call her cell before they take off again!

Sailing in a few weeks on Liberty...hubby and I really like to dress up (usually both in sweatpants 24/7 but clean up nicely) and were planning on bringing a tux and gown for formal night...are we going to stick out like sore thumbs or be super overdressed???

Thanks for the help. We have probably been on at least 15 cruises and have really started to enjoy being able to wear more casual clothes. I have heard that you can even wear dress shorts with a nice shirt to the dining room. That sounds very good to us. We have come to enjoy the anytime dining with Princess so this is welcome news for our upcoming Carnival trip. I like the thought of being able to pack less stuff.

Sailing in a few weeks on Liberty...hubby and I really like to dress up (usually both in sweatpants 24/7 but clean up nicely) and were planning on bringing a tux and gown for formal night...are we going to stick out like sore thumbs or be super overdressed???

We saw several tuxes and evening gowns last week during the two Elegant Night dinners. But we also saw many people wearing suits and many simply wearing nice (but not formal) attire. If you enjoy wearing a tux and gown, you will not need to worry about looking out of place.

We will be sailing on the Liberty on 1-24 and have a couple of questions. I had someone tell me that this boat is testing anytime dining....any truth to this? Also heard they have relaxed some restrictions on what you can wear to the dining room. Hope someone can help with this since we would really like these two changes if true. Thanks for your help.

For now on the Liberty, the traditional set dining times are used in the Silver Dining Room and the main floor of the Gold Dining Room. Open seating is offered on the upper level of the Gold Dining Room.

For now on the Liberty, the traditional set dining times are used in the Silver Dining Room and the main floor of the Gold Dining Room. Open seating is offered on the upper level of the Gold Dining Room.

Do you have to make reservations for anytime dining beforehand?

Do you have to make reservations for anytime dining beforehand?

The beauty of the Anytime Dining option is that serving takes place from 5:45 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. You simply arrive at your convenience and will be seated. Now, if you arrive at a peak time like 6:30 p.m., you can expect a brief wait. Or, if you insist on having a table for 2, you can expect a brief wait. Otherwise, you will be seated at the next available open spot. If you prefer a particular time each day, you could make a standing reservation with the maitre d', but that defeats the purpose of having a flexible dining time and eating when it suits your schedule each day.

We absolutely LOVED the Anytime Dining!

I called to sign up the instant I heard it was available on the Liberty. There seemed to be quite a few people who tried to sign up for it once they got aboard the ship, but Carnival was unable to accomodate a switch by that time, as Anytime was 'full', so if you want it, make a call before you sail!

We wandered in when we were hungry and only had to wait one time for a table.

Most of the tables were set for two or four, but we found that some of the tables for two were so close to others that it really was a table for four with one inch in between. We always requested a table along the railing above the first floor; those tables were more private.

As far as 'Elegant Night' goes, there were still people dressed to the 'nines', but there were also a handful of people dressed to the 'sevens' as well.

Dressed to the 7's? How about the 1's! There was a gentleman and I will call him that quite grudgingly since his idea of a tuxedo on elegant night was a tee shirt that looked like a tux. There were many in the dining room that were wearing jeans that looked like the ones I trashed 10 years ago. Carnival simply does not attempt to enforce any dress codes at all. I bring a garment bag with me that the airline charges a extra $25 to look and feel more presentable.Carnival is essentially saying-Don't bother! My significant other really loves to dress on these nights and I won't ruin that for her. I will never travel on any Carnival ship again. They attract to many low class, loud, obnoxious individuals who can afford the $199 insdide cabin that the sell out a week or so before sailing on the Liberty. Those of you who traveled on Nov. 29-Dec. 6th know exactly what I'm saying. :mad:

I will never travel on any Carnival ship again. They attract to many low class, loud, obnoxious individuals who can afford the $199 insdide cabin that the sell out a week or so before sailing on the Liberty. Those of you who traveled on Nov. 29-Dec. 6th know exactly what I'm saying. :mad:

We were on that cruise but are happy to say that we didn't run into any "low class, loud, obnoxious individuals."

Dressed to the 7's? How about the 1's! There was a gentleman and I will call him that quite grudgingly since his idea of a tuxedo on elegant night was a tee shirt that looked like a tux. There were many in the dining room that were wearing jeans that looked like the ones I trashed 10 years ago. Carnival simply does not attempt to enforce any dress codes at all. I bring a garment bag with me that the airline charges a extra $25 to look and feel more presentable.Carnival is essentially saying-Don't bother! My significant other really loves to dress on these nights and I won't ruin that for her. I will never travel on any Carnival ship again. They attract to many low class, loud, obnoxious individuals who can afford the $199 insdide cabin that the sell out a week or so before sailing on the Liberty. Those of you who traveled on Nov. 29-Dec. 6th know exactly what I'm saying. :mad:

Here we go again...:rolleyes:

People like this who get their tit in a wringer always amaze me, instead of simply saying i didn't have a good time, yadda yadda...they have to go the full extent and slam the cruise line and/or its passengers.

Bottom line is this..everyone knows carnival isn't as regal as say Cunard or Princess, or even perhaps RCL. That old addage is you get what you pay for. If you want that type of service where everyoen has a broom ( or oar) stuck up their a** then thats your perrogative. So you have two choices, A. Don't cruise carnival ( im sure they would appreaciate that) or B. Get your own cruise line and then you can run it the way you feel it should be ran.

Case closed ! Have happy sails everyone...GO CARNIVAL..LOL

Archived