What to do in Tampa pre and post cruise

panurse

We will be in Tampa the day before our cruise with our flight in before noon. Also the day our cruise ends, our flight isn't until 5pm. What is there for a family of 6 to do. I really don't want to do the aquarium. Any ideas?

Well you say family of 6 (what ages?) Bush Gardens is very close!! that would definatly take up a day :) Again , depending on the ages, you are at Channelside the port is dead center of St Pete forum (take a look on line to see if there is any thing good going on there) , splitsville (bowling) movie theatre, Ybor city. And of course the Aquarium that you prefer not to go to. So there is plenty to do.:D

We will be in Tampa the day before our cruise with our flight in before noon. Also the day our cruise ends, our flight isn't until 5pm. What is there for a family of 6 to do. I really don't want to do the aquarium. Any ideas?

Based on your timeframe for your trip next year, there is the FL Strawberry Festival going on. It's a 30 minute drive up I-4 and offers a lot of family fun. Assuming you have a rental car. If Busch Gardens isn't of interest you also have Walt Disney World an hour up I-4, which is a trip in its self.

More local stuff is the MOSI, Museum of Sceince, up near USF.

Hope that helps.

Archived