My OPINION of RCCL Serenade of the Seas 10/30 - 11/6

First of all,you may want to look into changing your screen name.It doesn't seem to fit
Secondly,theres really no need to keep writing " a side note to brn2crz" that's what the little quotations are far!

And C...oopps sorry,that must be my ignorance comin out!

yeah,let me break it down for you....
I never insulted you or threw anything at you.I simply stated, as is my inherent right, so fiercely defended by you, that [b][i]YOU [/i][/b]were doing the same thing to [b]abridalmaven,[/b]that[b] YOU [/b]were accusing her of doing to the OP,and what [b]YOU [/b]are now doing to me.....How is it that that is your right,and OK for you to step in the "battle" (if its that important to you) And how is it your right to say the things you have to me,and to [b]Abridalmaven..[/b]and then pull this "how dare you talk to me like that bull" I have not insulted you, your state,your intelligence,or most imortantly any livestock you may own.
Again...I simply pointed out that you were doing the very thing that so appalled you about [b]Abriadalmaven.[/b]Perhaps you should take a look at that post...So before you put on your little "how dare you act" I suggest you do as I pointed out in the beginning...and re-read your post!!

I apologize. My momma taught me better. If a person can't write a complete sentence, is not informed of proper grammer or spelling...well, they will always be among us. Obviously, if you can't differentiate between my post and yours, well...like I said, have fun on the porch! :D

Hi there smiley....(I never knew I could be so interesting to one person.)
Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya..what with the weight of that big book of words..and its so many pages.
Oh,I def. see differences in our post.The difference?.I can still look in the mirror.
And even the pot.

I do except your apology however..

[quote name='Smiles']I apologize. My momma taught me better. If a person can't write a complete sentence, is not informed of proper grammer or spelling...well, they will always be among us. Obviously, if you can't differentiate between my post and yours, well...like I said, have fun on the porch! :D[/QUOTE]
Ahhh, never mind.

[quote name='xpcdoojk']Stretch, I got 4:01pm EST.

I think our colleague from Boston, has a Texas complex! :p They must not like a Texan kicking the sh*t out of another effete Bostonian. :D

jc[/QUOTE]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]I'm completely stumped on this thing now, h*ll I've just about forgotten what the whole thing was about to start with........[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Wait a minute, wasn't it ONE PERSON'S opinions, the same person that right off the bat said that they were THEIR OPINIONS and since tastes vary may not be the opinions of anyone elese????? Hmmmmmmmmm?????[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]This whole thing has gone from rediculous, to preposterous at the least. I think I'll go get on my tux and have some scattered, smothered, covered, chunked and diced and refrain from returning here. It probably won't make it through the night anyway.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]

The snob part was merely facetious on my part. And I was just kind of giving you a feeling of how a pompous opinion comes off to others. As I stated it was [b][color=red]not what the OP said as much as the tone[/color][/b]. If they were not trying to impress anyone then they could have said the same without making anyone who actually likes the food seem like dolts. I mean most of us have eaten gourmet foods at least once in our life, but to expect it everyday and on a non elite cruiseline is again very naive. And as JC said the windjammer, dining room ,and Chops can not all be lumped together. I think even Stretch had ONE meal that he liked. Hey stretcho, you know I am just playing with you;) .

My BIL is a gourmand and he was quite happy with the food when we were on the Radiance in 2002, so to each his own. I just do not like being told that because I did enjoy my food ( I am not cooking and cleaning, so, I am happy) means I am classless.

Man what a thread. I waited until today to read the entire thing. I now have a headache!!!!:)

What the OP wrote did not bother me as I feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is how she felt. Sometimes due to the fact that we are reading what someone wrote in place of actually hearing the tone in which they are speaking, it is easy to take things the wrong way. I am guilty of this and have really tried to sit back and think about it before posting the first thing that comes to mind.

It sounds like RCI is not a good fit for her and that she needs to try Celebrity again or one of the luxury lines mentioned in some of the above posts.

I do have to make several comments concerning food on a cruise. First of all, I believe that everyone would agree that the subject of food can be very subjective and we all have different taste buds, likes and dislikes. With that in mind I take comments concerning food with a grain of salt.

I have been cruising since the mids eighties and have found that as ships have become larger, the quality of food has dropped. Someone posted on here a while back that trying to serve 2500-3000 guests in a three hour period is no excuse for serving poor quality food but I have to disagree with that person. There is no way when you are mass producing food within such a short period of time it is going to be of high quality compared to a line only serving 800-1000 guests as you find on Crystal. When I cruise on a mass market line such as RCI, Carnival, NCL and Princess I would expect nothing more than something equal to what one would find at a Hyatt or Marriott buffet.

For me cruising is a chance to relax, enjoy the sea and have a nice time with friends and famly with no emails and phones. I am looking forward to my first experience in three weeks with a Voyager class ship. Time to "get out there".:)

[quote name='cruisingator2'] I take comments concerning food with a grain of salt.

[/QUOTE]Not too much salt or you'll ruin the food! :p
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Smiles--Do you need some soap? For your mouth? Your posts are rather nasty and hostile. Did your momma ever teach you about foul language?

[quote name='Smiles']I apologize. My momma taught me better. If a person can't write a complete sentence, is not informed of proper grammer or spelling...well, they will always be among us. Obviously, if you can't differentiate between my post and yours, well...like I said, have fun on the porch! :D[/QUOTE]

Proper "grammer?"

Oops!

[quote name='Smiles']I apologize. My momma taught me better. If a person can't write a complete sentence, is not informed of proper grammer or spelling...well, they will always be among us. Obviously, if you can't differentiate between my post and yours, well...like I said, have fun on the porch! :D[/QUOTE]Please check out your post, #145. The word is dining, not di[i][u]nn[/u][/i]ing. I just thought your momma ought to know where she needs to work on you.
Pot...kettle...black. Sure fits. :rolleyes: Friendly, neighborly people sit [i]on [/i] porches, while cantankerous trolls live [i]under[/i] porches. From all the dirt flying around your posts, one would be led to believe you're from under the porch.

[quote name='1corona4u']I was going to correct the grammar thing too.....just didn't wanna get yelled at for being petty.

[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/thumbs-up.gif[/img][/QUOTE]The poster we're both referring to is the one who mentioned correct grammar and spelling. I'm thinking about what MY momma taught ME, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." Plus, I don't mind getting yelled at. [img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_103.gif[/img]

[quote name='abridalmaven']Sorry, but that statement is the one that urks me. What nerve. I live in NY and no offense to most of you who think you know Gourmet is, but most of you do NOT, unless you live here. [/QUOTE]
You haven't tasted Gourmet cusine until you've come up here and had our World Famous Buffalo chicken wings from the Anchor bar.

Or visit the Press Box for steaks out of this world!

Now that's class..............

BD

[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]Not to mention our deep fried pork skins![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]That's gore-met![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000](Just had to come back, Barb-love ya' babe!)[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]

Bicker - Please stop comparing cruise lines/ships when you haven't been on the ones you're comparing. Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's on these boards, and you certainly have every right to post them. Unfortunately, your posts of this type are often discounted by those who pay attention. You simply have no credibility when you try to discuss Celebrity....or any other RCI ship than the Majesty, for that matter.

[quote name='baseballmom']I don't think they make Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill anymore. I'll tell ya what I'll do: you supply the burgers and dogs (and yes, I do put catsup on my hot dogs), and I'll bring the box o' wine and styrofoam cups. :D

Laurie[/QUOTE]
Saw some Boone's Farm (although I don't recall if it was Strawberry Hill) at my local Food4Less just the other day. Ahhhh...brought back memories of my teenage years! :D

(Another) Laurie

Archived