My OPINION of RCCL Serenade of the Seas 10/30 - 11/6

MszKitty,
Boones Farm Strawberry Hill!!!!! :eek: Wow, that brings back memories! And wasn't there a Boones Farm Apple Wine? And also, another popular drink from my high school days was Ripple Wine. EEK! :eek: Did I just admit to drinking that stuff??????????? :cool:

[quote name='1corona4u']I was going to correct the grammar thing too.....just didn't wanna get yelled at for being petty.

[img]http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/thumbs-up.gif[/img][/QUOTE]Well, the community guidelines do mention taking a pass on pointing out spelling errors - as tempting as it may be in some situations.

[quote name='Divetex']Bicker - Please stop comparing cruise lines/ships when you haven't been on the ones you're comparing. Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's on these boards, and you certainly have every right to post them. Unfortunately, your posts of this type are often discounted by those who pay attention. You simply have no credibility when you try to discuss Celebrity....or any other RCI ship than the Majesty, for that matter.[/QUOTE]What I said was "The problem with that argument is that customers are apparently more than willing to trade-off lower fares for service provided. Perhaps not to the extent that was the case with the airlines, but perhaps even to that extent: It's too soon to tell. What is clear is that the data doesn't yet show any indication that cruise lines following the trend have been subject to lower profits." That is a generic statement about customers, and I have as much, if not more expertise in that regard than you, as far as we know.

[quote name='MszKitty']Saw some Boone's Farm (although I don't recall if it was Strawberry Hill) at my local Food4Less just the other day. Ahhhh...brought back memories of my teenage years! :D

(Another) Laurie[/QUOTE]
Oh yes, it brings back memories, but not the good kind :p . We thought we were sooooo sophisticated, passing around that screw-top nectar of the Gods. ICK!

Laurie

jc: I remember.... Apricot Splash! 1974-77 @ about $4.00/bottle (or was it $2.99)? Let's see.... a week's worth of lunch money @ $.50/day = $2.50. Maybe that was it!! But how did I afford that pack of Marlboro's @ $.50? Oh yeah, babysitting at $.50/hour!! Not that any of these things had anything to do with the other. What memories!

I know this has nothing to do w/this thread, but I'm not experienced enough as a cruiser to fit into this battle properly. I had to jump in where I could to be part of this crowd.:D

Cathy

[quote name='TahoeBob']I really don't know where to start after reading a bunch of crud like this, so I will just pick and choose

why is it not ok to take extra food and be a slob but it is ok to be a jerk and act like you are better than others, then let others know that you are better

This Ms. sunny bunny is a load of hog wash, what gives you the right to think if one does not eat like you that it is wrong.

Your whole review strikes me as that "we as dinks are better than you", when you state that “we had to drink all our wine out of white wine glass” just a little over the top don’t you think. I just happen to run that one by a wine snob friend of mine (also a wine instructor at a college) and even he said they need to get a grip on it.

Just one more thing when you use terms like

“Many of the activities and humor are geared towards those on a permanent cruise buzz – if you know what I mean!”

No I really don’t know what you mean--- why don’t you explane it to us who don’t know all the slang you do.

You strike me as somewhat stuckup, who would never be invited to my house for a BBQ where we eat burgers, dogs, and corn on the cob off a paper plate, and drink beer out of the can.

I won’t beat around the bush like you do, all I have left to say is
Pull your head out and look at the real world[/QUOTE]
People have a right to there appinion and being that rccl is my favorite cruise line even i can admit that the food sucks

QUOTE]Boones Farm Strawberry Hill!!!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img] Wow, that brings back memories! And wasn't there a [b]Boones Farm Apple Wine[/b]? [/QUOTE][quote name='xpcdoojk']Speaking of great quality wine from my high school daze.... Anyone, remember [b]Annie Green Springs[/b]? Good stuff!:D jc[/QUOTE]
I remember both. And my first time drinking past the "happy" :) stage to the "praying to the porcelin god" :o stage....Bali Hai wine. Anyone ever hear of that? First....and last....time I ever drank that.

[QUOTE]People have a right to there appinion and being that rccl is my favorite cruise line even i can admit that the food sucks[/QUOTE]

If you read through all the posts, he apologized a couple days ago to anyone who was offended and said the OP had a right to their opinion.

Wow - I had forgot all about Balli- Hai - another one of the fine twist cap wines. We did them all Ripple, Boones Farm, Annie Green Springs, Mad Dog 20/20 and on occasion some home brew right out of the mason jar. I wonder how many brain cells we flushed out drinking that stuff.

[quote name='jnwilson']Wow - I had forgot all about Balli- Hai - another one of the fine twist cap wines. We did them all Ripple, Boones Farm, Annie Green Springs, [b]Mad Dog 20/20[/b] and on occasion some home brew right out of the mason jar. I wonder how many brain cells we flushed out drinking that stuff.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard of Mad Dog 20/20. What is it exactly?

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]This is way funny----I had not heard of Annie Green Springs, but I had forgotten about Bali Hai. At my high school it was Ripple, BoonesFarm and Bali Hai. Talk about thinking we were totally cool!! :cool: hee-hee-hee! What memories!

There was another one I hesitate to mention that I must admit to drinking before a prom one year. I think it was called "Champale", or something like that. I think it was part Champagne and part ginger-ale. Does that ring a bell with anyone? I know it sounds totally disgusting now, but as I recall, it was pretty tasty back in '73!! :rolleyes:
[/size][/font]

Yes, we never ever used a glass with Annie Green Springs, Slug, pass, slug, pass... gone, somebody puking....

Maddog 20/20, was Mogen David 20/20 fortified grape juice, really sweet. I used to put it in my botta bag, when skiing or sledding in wintertime.....
:D
memories.....

jc

While I have memories of Strawberry Hill.
It is Tickled Pink that comes to mine as our vintage of choice.. :D

I do have very vague memories of my first pilgrimage to the toilet Goddess after an evening of Tequila Sunrise from a bottle :eek:

Archived