Own Excursions - Ship Time or Local Time???

VABeach

I am trying to book an excursion on my own in Grand Cayman. This will be a different time zone than Miami.

I know that all the cruise lines work this differently and I don't remember how Carnival does it.....

Our itenerary says we will be there from 7:00am to 4:00pm. Is that Miami time or Grand Cayman time?

Do they change the clocks when you cross time lines????

Thanks!!

Also, I already have this excursion booked through Carnival and would need to cancel it and rebook on my own - better deal. Is it too late to get my money back and will they give it back, or just OBC?

Thanks so much for your help!

~jenny :)

If you stay on Miami time, it will be Miami time. If the ship should change to local time, then it would be local time.

Whatever you do.....stay on ship time.

But don't worry. The vendors on the islands know when you're coming and when you have to be back.

ETA: The Caymans always stay on EST....if that helps.

If you stay on Miami time, it will be Miami time. If the ship should change to local time, then it would be local time.

Whatever you do.....stay on ship time.

But don't worry. The vendors on the islands know when you're coming and when you have to be back.

ETA: The Caymans always stay on EST....if that helps.

Well, I had an issue once when I was trying to book a Dive trip on my own in St Maarten. I'm glad I didn't because they would have me returning to the ship ONE HOUR after it left port....... :cool:

I thought they knew the ship's schedules too, they didn't.

I am trying to book an excursion on my own in Grand Cayman. This will be a different time zone than Miami.

I know that all the cruise lines work this differently and I don't remember how Carnival does it.....

Our itenerary says we will be there from 7:00am to 4:00pm. Is that Miami time or Grand Cayman time?

Do they change the clocks when you cross time lines????

Thanks!!

Also, I already have this excursion booked through Carnival and would need to cancel it and rebook on my own - better deal. Is it too late to get my money back and will they give it back, or just OBC?

Thanks so much for your help!

~jenny :)

Jenny

Just tell the excursion operator what ship you are on. they will figure out when to meet you, and they will get you back in time to make the ship. All of these guys depend on the ships to make a living and they know exactly what time to be there and when to have you back.

As far as time and the clock, unless the captain tells you to change your watch don't bother and don't try to keep up with local time. The islands are all on island time and it really doesn't matter.

Stick with the ships clock.

Any tour company of value will know your ship's time, and will cater to that. Many survive on cruise ship passengers, and operate their business around ship time. If you book with someone that is not conscientious of this, they will not really be interested in ensuring you get back to the ship on time.

If you are not sure, this site will help you.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/

Cheers!

Archived