Freestyle New Years Eve?

Cortesefam

Our family is excited to be on the 12/27/08 Dawn sailing--we're looking forward to New Years Eve at sea!

Any advice on NCL parties, events or themes for New Years Eve? We're planning to pack for a very casual vacation in the "Freestyle" spirit--but should we expect and prepare for a more "festive" atmosphere and attire for the 31st?

January 1st is a day at sea on this itinerary--definitely a plus for recovery!

Thanks in advance for any advice/recommendations.

Well, this is just my opinion, based on my NCL experience - which admittedly does not include any New Year's Eve cruises... but Freestyle is Freestyle. If you enjoy getting dressed up and celebrating New Year's Eve in formal attire, then that's what you should do... if it's not your thing, then enjoy it in whatever way you're comfortable. :)

• Administrators
Canadian Twosome: That's what we are planning--though our daughter is a fan of "dressing for occasions", so my guess is we be prepared for lots of options!

Thanks

I agree with Canadian Twosome -- I'm a very laid back person, but love to "jump the shark" on New Year's Eve -- so on a cruise, even on NCL, I'd do that. That means I'd be expecting anything from jeans to white tie and tails, and beyond that a few leather jumpsuits, satin catsuits, and "unique" dresses that might make you want to hide the children's eyes! :)

PS if you have little ones, you might want to investigate kid's club options early for that night. :)

Archived