Question for Splinter

george2000

Have discussed this here before, but we actually were able to be part of the development process and tried two prototypes of the Take-Along lift before we purchased it. It is compact, but has some drawbacks. The main ones are that you must be in a seated position first before using it, and it cannot lift you from the floor in the case of a fall. We have used in all around the world though, gate check it on planes, and given it a lot of miles. I designed and made a different sling for our lift that works better than the ones they sell for our needs, and it would not fit the current models of the lift.

http://takealonglifts.homestead.com/

If I were purchasing now, I would seriously consider the Hoyer Advance, the Molift Smart, or the Liko Light. I have used all 3 in my work, and they have the advantages of being 1) power vs. crank, 2) fold into very compact lightweight packages for travel or storage and 3) usable from both seated and supine positions as well as floor transfers.

Archived