What happens if things go wrong

Shogun

Hi Folks,

I think on every cruise I have been on the ship has been full so a couple of questions,

if some thing goes wrong like a small fire, flood, loss of power or water, or the honeymoon couple that within the first few nights, she caught him with the maid, and kicked him out of the room,

what does Princess do

do they keep a few cabins for just such events,

do they assume they can fix anything,

my own experience has been anything can be fixed within a day,

have others got any ideas or storries,

and when it does go wrong what do you think Princess should offer ,

now I have had $1000's of on board credits, free meals, bottles of wine, dinner with officers, meeting with captain etc etc

Now I am not planning on having any problems on the Sea but the last timeI sailed on her I had a list of items and refused to accept my cabin until an officer appeared and organised awork crew to make things good.

yours

Shogun

Princess always keeps several staterooms empty just in case there is a problem onboard. Now, admitedly, they aren't available in every category offered, but they have those that you can 'make do' until yours becomes liveable again.

What they should do if this happens and there is a problem with the stateroom you have booked? All depends on the particular situation IMHO and how long you are put out and have to be accomodated elsewhere.

"now I have had $1000's of on board credits, free meals, bottles of wine, dinner with officers, meeting with captain etc etc"

How does one person (or couple) get so many credits, etc.? Does something bad happen every time you cruise? When I've encountered problems, I've asked for them to be fixed and then said "thank you" once the problem was solved, never thinking I should have asked for something extra for my "troubles". What have I been missing? :rolleyes: What kind of problems get you something in return from a cruiseline, or is it that if you make a big enough stink about it with the right people, you get something to quiet you down? Inquiring minds want to know.:confused:

Hi Caber,

It was a Scottish couple, who had the shortest marriage in history the lass came on a few trips with us, she was so upset and was more worried about what would happen when they got back, I think he should have been more worried about her family.

yours Shogun

Many years ago was on a Med. cruise on the old Chandris line [ think the ship was the Ellanis or something like that]. Felt something strange the first night in the cabin after we turned out the lights. I kid you not, when we turned on the lights the cabin was alive with cockroaches. They were crawling on us. Got a little excited! Got them to begrudgingly change our room, from an outside to an inside and they tried to make us feel like they were doing us a favor. Ship board credits? Gifts? Forget it.

I'm a lot less docile now.

Hi There,

I have had a number of problems, nothing a matter of life or death, but enough for an officer to attend and say sorry not good enough, eg,

pills left on carpet in cabin, cracked shower base with black mould

other peoples used stuff under the bed with a very thick covering of dust , hair etc cabin door not locking, doors missing from cupboards etc etc

Now I did not demand this or that I just requested some one come to my cabin and inspect or took photos and took them to PSD and said just not good enough,

These actions got me invites to dine with ships officers, free meals , wine, and many many more things that I never asked for, why because things do go wrong, and you need to tell the right person so he or she can fix it, be polite, I have only once demanded another cabin and this was on a Cunard ship and was given another straight away,

on returning home I sent a letter with photos saying I found this was broken or that was dirty, however I also went on to say this person , officer etc helped me and got things fixed,

the normal reply is a standard letter from Princess saying we will contact the ship and check out what I have said, then a month or so latter a letter, saying sorry we have not lived up to our own standards please accept a future credit off... the highest being into $1000's

Now on a couple of cruises I have had invites , gifts for no other reason apart from being nice or helpful to a members of ships crew or a fellow passenger who were having problems or just needed assistance.

I have seen many shout at room stewards for getting in there way, where my view is they have work to do, I am holiday so I can step aside and wait a minute or two different people see and act differently.

yours

Shogun

Hi There,

I have had a number of problems, nothing a matter of life or death, but enough for an officer to attend and say sorry not good enough, eg,

pills left on carpet in cabin, cracked shower base with black mould

other peoples used stuff under the bed with a very thick covering of dust , hair etc cabin door not locking, doors missing from cupboards etc etc

Now I did not demand this or that I just requested some one come to my cabin and inspect or took photos and took them to PSD and said just not good enough,

These actions got me invites to dine with ships officers, free meals , wine, and many many more things that I never asked for, why because things do go wrong, and you need to tell the right person so he or she can fix it, be polite, I have only once demanded another cabin and this was on a Cunard ship and was given another straight away,

on returning home I sent a letter with photos saying I found this was broken or that was dirty, however I also went on to say this person , officer etc helped me and got things fixed,

the normal reply is a standard letter from Princess saying we will contact the ship and check out what I have said, then a month or so latter a letter, saying sorry we have not lived up to our own standards please accept a future credit off... the highest being into $1000's

Now on a couple of cruises I have had invites , gifts for no other reason apart from being nice or helpful to a members of ships crew or a fellow passenger who were having problems or just needed assistance.

I have seen many shout at room stewards for getting in there way, where my view is they have work to do, I am holiday so I can step aside and wait a minute or two different people see and act differently.

yours

Shogun

LOL, I think you're full of it! Just my opinion but I smell something fishy here? Anyone else?:confused:

the honeymoon couple that within the first few nights, she caught him with the maid, and kicked him out of the room,

what does Princess do

do they keep a few cabins for just such events,

The heck with the cabins do they keep extra maids?;) My DW would have had me keel hauled.

Hi e71465,

Read my last live posts from the Emerald, in July, free gift in cabin 8 nights out of 10, meeting the Commodore of the Fleet, Or my Christmas Cruise Last year free meals, wine, dinner with officers, passes for The Spa etc,

Then the letter from Princess in Feb overing me the biggest future credit I have every had, details posted at the time.

OK may be its a bit of bad luck, or may Princess are a nice cruise line and work hard to put things right when things go wrong.

yours Shogun

LOL, I think you're full of it! Just my opinion but I smell something fishy here? Anyone else?:confused:

Nothing the least bit fishy here. Shogun has been on these boards a long time and is a trusted poster.

Hi There,

I think our friend has yet to learn that even if things are going wrong for you, and you are having a bad day, be nice to others, and they will not only help you, but but give more that asked for or expected in return.

yours Shogun

I have made a formal written complaint concerning my cruise booked for July 2009.

Had nothing but "nothing" responses - and yes I was polite and kept my complaint to the facts.

Perhaps, once again, this is the difference between the US Customer Service and the lack of the same afforded to us in the =UK.

My complaints are now with ABTA and the Princess CEO

K

Nope, nothing fishy at all. Shogun can be trusted to tell the truth. He has had several situations that would send a lot of folks back to solid land vacations but he has dealt with all in a respected and polite manner. Princess has treated him well because he treats them in kind.

I have made a formal written complaint concerning my cruise booked for July 2009.

Had nothing but "nothing" responses - and yes I was polite and kept my complaint to the facts.

Perhaps, once again, this is the difference between the US Customer Service and the lack of the same afforded to us in the =UK.

K

But Shogun is not from the US.

I guess I've been lucky in the sense that I've never had to make a formal complaint as every time I encountered a small problem, i.e. burned out lightbulbs, ripped shower curtain, toilet not flushing properly, etc., it was always quickly rectified by the room steward or whoever the room steward called. To me these were minor things and that didn't require further intervention. To be honest, I've never looked under the bed. Maybe I'm afraid of what I would find there.:eek::eek:

Hi All,

Why look under the bed, no reason at all but, when you put your bags under and you hear a clunk sound you think strange you they find well its Tea Time so I will not put you of your food, but lets say the things found had built up over many months and would not even expect such in a cheap hotel rented by the hour.

For Osmandfan, the place to make a complaint is on the ship, and give them the chance to put things right, as a Brit I have only had good service from the folks at Southampton, not excellant service but holding letters saying will respond with in .. so many days , then again another letter saying the same at least lets me know they know I am still awaiting a reply.

As you consider you problem so great to take it to CEO is it some thing you wish to share with us, in case others have or could have the same problems.

Hi spongerob, treat others how would would like to be treated, still gives the best results for all concerned.

Ahhh, you guys say such nice things, thank you, blush blush

yours Shogun

K

Ok, Ill bite... :) How can you have complaints on a cruise that has not happened yet?

Archived