definitions of catagories

moffl

Hi:

i have a question we booked a cruise on the grand princess with a catagory j guarantee. I notice on our confirmation that we have a catagory ll inside. Is this a upgrade i don't know. I would like to know how the catagories work if there is any way of differentiating them

In moderate seas, there should not be much difference in motion between Dolphin Deck and Lido Deck.

In heavy pitching seas, motion is more evident higher (lido). In rolling seas, the stabilizers do a pretty good job of reducing the roll.

Some like to visualize pitching motion as like a teeter-totter, and rolling motion like a metronome.

Yes, being higher and more forward the II will feel more motion compared to the J on Dolphin. BUT motion really depends on sea conditions, and most people don't find the motion to be significantly different given the same sea conditions. That is important, because the Lido II rooms have easy access to the rest of the Lido pools, the spa and the somewhat 'hidden' public deck forward over the bridge. Not that you asked, but I would keep the II. ;)

Hi:

i have a question we booked a cruise on the grand princess with a catagory j guarantee. I notice on our confirmation that we have a catagory ll inside. Is this a upgrade i don't know. I would like to know how the catagories work if there is any way of differentiating them

What you need to do is order a brochure from the princess site; it lists all of the categories of your particular cruise.

Marilyn

Archived