Weather in Western Carib in mid-January

Hi all. Close to booking a 5-nt on Navigator for mid-January to Belize and Cozumel. My wife is a sun-worshipper and this ought to make the perfect Christmas gift for her IF I can get confident that the weather will be sunny and warm. Without that confidence, 5 days of clouds or rain or cool will not make her happy (nor me). Looking to hear from those with experience in this area of the sea, at this time of year. THANK YOU!

Hi all. Close to booking a 5-nt on Navigator for mid-January to Belize and Cozumel. My wife is a sun-worshipper and this ought to make the perfect Christmas gift for her IF I can get confident that the weather will be sunny and warm. Without that confidence, 5 days of clouds or rain or cool will not make her happy (nor me). Looking to hear from those with experience in this area of the sea, at this time of year. THANK YOU!

You may want to check a weather site and search for history, however, we were in the Aruba area in January last year and the weather, for me, was great. I liked the weather, scattered clouds, some showers, some cool spots, but in the corridor of sunshine, which the ship found, was lovely. good luck:cool:

The typical weather would be highs in the low 80s, lows in the upper 60s to lower 70s for Western Caribbean in January. Although it is significantly rainier in the summer, it is not uncommon for the Caribbean to have rain in the winter months as well; typically it is a passing shower rather than a full day of rain. Although it is often sunny for most of the day in the winter, one can certainly not guarantee that this will be the case during any specific week.

As I'm sure you know, weather has no guarantees.....

But our experiences in that part of the world in January and February have been very good.....warm and sunny, most of the time. We're going again this Feb. YEA!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a great cruise, if you decide to try it! :)

We've made several western Caribbean cruises in the winter months including one last month which stopped at Cozumel. The weather in Cozumel was cool, not beach weather, thanks to a cold front that was with us for most of the cruise. Sorry to say that has been our experience on most of our December, January, and early February cruises to the western Caribbean. The weather is a gamble and the odds of good weather are not as great as they are during the rest of the year.

We were on this itenerary this past January and Belize was really warm did the Myan Ruins and it was a scorcher, Cozumel was beautiful and we did swim w/dolphins. The water temp was chilly but beings we are from Ohio we are used to that.

Smile,

Patty

Archived