Internet service re: AOS-Aruba route

Mickeefan

Hi! We're sailing in about 30 days on the AOS. We're doing the Aruba route. Does anyone know if there are internet cafes in the ports (Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten & St. Thomas)? Also, what is the onboard connection status? I'm considering bringing a laptop with me (more to watch movies on the plane than anything else) and would like to know my options for emailing, if I choose to do so. TIA!

Anyone else ready to get away from the winter? I'm already ready for Spring. ;)

You will pay about $.55 per minute for internet connection, whether it's on your laptop or the ship's computers. You can buy "packages" of minutes to get the price down a little.

I don't know about internet cafes---sorry!

And yes--summer can't get here fast enough for me! Winter---BLAH!

All ports will have internet cafe's around, no problem in that.

In Aruba, on my last AOS cruise in October, I had a Junior suite that happened to be on the city side there and I was able to get a wireless shore connection (one of those $9.95/day things) inside my stateroom. I started broadcasting over the wireless to my friends on yahoo messenger using my Mac's camera. About 100 yards off the dock, however, the connection finally failed but it was an unexpected fun way to give my friends a view around the cabin and to cast-off.

I checked for the same on all ports but didn't get any other signals other than the ship's.

Good Morning!

My wife and I were in Aruba in October on the Emerald Princess. When you leave the dock, turn right on the main street. Just past the small mall, there is an internet cafe on the second floor of a building that also houses a real estate office. The cost was US$2 for thirty minutes. They have about three computers; so you may have a short wait. I found the connection to be fast and reliable.

I also found one in St. Thomas that was 10 cents per minute with reliable and fast service.

Both were much quicker and cheaper that on the ship! Hope this helps.

Captain Ronn

Archived