Question about Godfrey tour - beach

lisad63

I've read a lot of good things about the Godfrey St. Thomas tour. I have a couple of questions about the beach part. Since this is the last part of the day, what do you do with your shopping purchases while enjoying the water? Are there lockers or does Godfrey let you lock your purchases in a vehicle?

Also, does anyone know how much it costs to rent snorkel equipment at Coki Beach?

Thanks

We just returned from taking Godfrey's tour and really enjoyed it. Well worth the money. He stops at varies places for you to get out and explains the sights. He will put anything you do not want to take with you to the beach in the front of the cab with him.

I can answer part of your questions...... Godfrey will keep all your purchases on the truck with him locked up in front. We felt very comfortable with him watching over our stuff.... Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for your answer to this....I was wondering the same thing! Which beach did you go to when you were on the Godfrey Tour? I can't decide between Sapphire or Megan's Bay. We mostly just want to relax...maybe swim just a little. Any suggestions? Thanks! Susan & Jim

Everyone on our bus wanted to go to Sapphire beach. The beach is part of a resort so there were chairs, outside shower, washrooms, bar, and food. The beach and water were clean and sandy. People didn't see many fish snorkelling.

He would also take you to Megan's Bay, there is an admission cost of $3 or Coki, where he stated that there are bathrooms but they only cleaned them once a day and you could use Coral World's bathroom for a charge of a $1. My sister went to Coki beach and use their bathroom and found them clean and she saw fish while snorkelling.

Thanks for your answer to this....I was wondering the same thing! Which beach did you go to when you were on the Godfrey Tour? I can't decide between Sapphire or Megan's Bay. We mostly just want to relax...maybe swim just a little. Any suggestions? Thanks! Susan & Jim

We should have gone with our gut and gone to Megan's Bay, but most of the bus were going to Coki or Sapphire, so we thought we might be missing something and went along. Mistake for us cuz we really didn't want a beach full of kids, etc., we wanted a bit a privacy possibly. Megan's Bay would've been worth the $3 to get in, but it's really whatever your preference is.

Thanks for the information about the beach. Now I have a question about the shopping. Is the Hard Rock Cafe in the area where Godfrey takes you for shopping? That is the only shopping must we have...our teenagers are wanting a T-shirt from there.

We've toured with Godfrey and would highly recommend. We didn't get in much shopping because we were in port on Sunday and the stores there are open in the AM and I don't like alarm clocks when on vacation. He picked up twice from the ship, so those that wanted to have extra shopping time got up and out a bit earlier than I wanted to. I purchased an expensive bracelet while shopping and left it with him while at the beach...no problem.

Hard Rock is down an alley off the main drag but don't picture trash cans and rot, picture picturesque tourist alley with vendors along the way. If memory serves, its a bit more than halfway down the main drag on the left. Restrooms are down there too...

I went to Godfrey's website yesterday and filled out the reservation form and left several questions for him and asked him to email me with information. I haven't gotten a response yet.

How long does it typically take to get a response from Godfrey?

Lisa

We should have gone with our gut and gone to Megan's Bay, but most of the bus were going to Coki or Sapphire, so we thought we might be missing something and went along. Mistake for us cuz we really didn't want a beach full of kids, etc., we wanted a bit a privacy possibly. Megan's Bay would've been worth the $3 to get in, but it's really whatever your preference is.

The Bay sounds like it would be just right for us! We won't have children with us and would like a nice relaxing beach. I also read on the boards that the Bay has a gradual slope & not a big drop-off so I think we will like that! Thanks for the input!

He was great. My advice, however, is if you don't want the tour, but only shopping and a beach, go with someone else. Several of us wanted a tour of the island, but ended up listening to some others gripe about the stops and information he was providing. Then we get to the beach, and they aren't sure they want to stay, or if they do, only for 20 minutes. Go figure. He does give a good tour, allow you some time at the beach and time downtown shopping. Go for it, if that's what you want, you won't be disappointed.

I want to do as much as I can on the island. This may be my only time to visit, so I want to do it all! I've made a reservation for him to pick us up at the earliest time - 9a.m. - so we can have several hours to shop. I am looking forward to the tour part probably more than anything, although I really enjoy snorkeling and will be stopping at Coki Beach for that.

It sounds like he offers the best of everything. I can't wait!

My advice is this...even though people say shopping in St. Maarten is better, if you see something in St. Thomas you really like--BUY IT! I am considering flying back over to get something I liked. I thought that surely I'd find the same thing in St. Maarten and was running short on time, so passed it up. Regret, regret, regret. Sometimes it's not about saving that extra buck!

We did Godfrey in Oct and enjoyed his tour. Hard Rock cafe is off of the four lane street facing the water, not the main shopping street. It is at the corner of an "alley". It is a bit farther than the recommended store locations the ship will give you. The whole area is a 5-15 min walk, so it is not too far. We went with Godfrey to Coki beach. It was full. My wife said if we were going to spend time at the beach she would prefer Megan's bay, as the $3.00 charge tends to keep many going to the free beaches, so they are more crowded than Megan's. they are all nice... just depends on what you want to do...

Hi, new to the board and very confused about the different beaches at St. John. Magens bay, Trunk bay beach, coki beach, sapphire bay and I believe there is a cinnamon bay(?) Which is the best and what are the differences? I always thought Magens bay was supposed to be the best, but hardly anyone on CC talks about going to it. Can someone help? Thanks!

Archived