Atlantic Ocean Wheather From New York in Early August ?

mr jailerman

Hi All.. I am going on the Triumph next August From New York up to New Brunswick, Canada and was curious what the Ocean wheather (Choppy Waves) in the Atlantic is like at that time of year ? I have only done Caribbean cruises and this will be my first going North.. Thanks for any tips or insight you may be able to give me. Have a great day.. :D

Did the cruise 3x......very smooth but one time there was fog (the same cruise that Pete was on)

Last year we had a quick thunder/hail storm....we saw it head toward us when we were on the balcony, first rain, then hail.....we had to run into our cabin....and then it passed as quickly as it arrived.....it was really cool to watch (but they had to close the Lido deck because of the broken lights)

Hi All.. I am going on the Triumph next August From New York up to New Brunswick, Canada and was curious what the Ocean wheather (Choppy Waves) in the Atlantic is like at that time of year ? I have only done Caribbean cruises and this will be my first going North.. Thanks for any tips or insight you may be able to give me. Have a great day.. :D

I have sailed to Canada twice out of New York. I have never had partcularly rough seas, but I did encounter thick fog as Mr. Pete has stated/shown. The other point worth mentioning is the pool water will be EXTREMELY COLD. On my sailings, there were few people in the pools and those who ventured in were not in for long.

You were? How come we never met? :D Oops! Never mind~! :p

I couldn't find you in the fog........... :cool:

Join us on July 3 (you said you were considering it).........we'll meet then.....

I did get to the Meet and Greet last year..........

I have sailed to Canada twice out of New York. I have never had partcularly rough seas, but I did encounter thick fog as Mr. Pete has stated/shown. The other point worth mentioning is the pool water will be EXTREMELY COLD. On my sailings, there were few people in the pools and those who ventured in were not in for long.

I hate to hear about the pool water as I will have my 9 year old wanting to go swimming ..:confused: Thanks for the info..

I hate to hear about the pool water as I will have my 9 year old wanting to go swimming ..:confused: Thanks for the info..

When we did this cruise in 2007 the pools were cold; however this past summer they were warm - at least 70 degrees. I went down the slide (twice!) and our 8 YO loved the pools, even though they usually aggravate his eczema because they're salt water.

Karen, did you see my photo of the sunset after the hail storm?

1036884977_068Firstseadaysunset.jpg.87783d43076f457e47ac7f54ff589772.jpg

My then 9YO went in even though the water was 62.9 degrees. Didn't seem to bother her.

Me? Never made it past my big toe. But we did use the hot tubs.

I did get to the Meet and Greet last year..........

BTW, my meet and greet with NY Bumpkin had to take place 105+ miles north of the ship. :D

Archived