MMM...Cruise ship smell

bobbygirl

One of the first things I love after embarkation is taking a good long whiff of what we call "Cruise Ship Smell". An intriguing combination of hotel and sea air with notes of cleaning products and a hint of tobacco (not the "old smoke smell", but the tobacco scent in men's cologne...)

Anybody get what I mean??

Please dish, enquiring minds want to know! :p

Eau de sewer toilet water. Didn't ruin my cruise. And it only smelled like that after we left Cozumel and was returning to New Orleans. Plus the water in our bath tub had a brownish tint to it on the return trip. Going the water was clear as a bell. But the drinking water had a bad taste

Depends on what part of te ship,,,,,

The pool: sun block, sweat and hamburgers

The piano bar: smoke, spilled wine

Spa: mostly nice aromas, some sweat

Lido buffet: mmmmmm, pizza!

The dining room: well, you know, all kinds of goodness

The discos: a mix of smoke, spilled beer, hormones and disapointment

We lucked out in October.

We were on the second sailing out of drydock and the only time we smelled it was forward elevator area. But it was just a "whiff" not a constant.

Our cabin was on Upper (all the way to the back) and we did not have any problems at all....woo hoo!!

We are headed back to Upper shortly....January 1st for a B2B...I will let you know if it is improved any....

YEP YEP YEP, These are the wonderful smells of cruising! :D

Depends on what part of te ship,,,,,

The pool: sun block, sweat and hamburgers

The piano bar: smoke, spilled wine

Spa: mostly nice aromas, some sweat

Lido buffet: mmmmmm, pizza!

The dining room: well, you know, all kinds of goodness

The discos: a mix of smoke, spilled beer, hormones and disapointment

We sailed on the Pride a few years ago and then a couple of years later we sailed on the Miracle and as soon as we boarded I noticed that not only were the 2 ships identical in layout, they even smelled the same. Not a bad smell, mainly food smells.

Unfortunately, many ships have that sewage smell from time to time. We had that smell in our cabin a couple of times on the Pride. Haven't had it in any of our cabins since then but have noticed it occasionally in pbulic rooms.

OK this is going sound strange...

We all remember scents differently, but for me the closest approximation of Cruise Ship Smell is Olay Regenerist Daily Serum. Every time I use this moisturizer I remember my cruises. I love the scent! Freaky!:p

Ok, people.....please stop hating on the Fantasy.

I did not smell anything on my cruise 11/29 and.......I definitely intended to.......based on previous posts.

And, my sis who said she smelled something on the forward elevator once...........Well, i am sure that it was no worse than the smell that occasionally comes from our DHs. LOL

Archived