What's the best deal you've ever gotten?

chaka khan

We're looking for a smokin' deal on a cruise in Jan. or Feb. from Florida. What we thought about doing was just buying airplane tix first to Fl so we could make it for the Dawn sailing on Feb. 14th or 22nd and seeing if we could get a good last minute deal when we get there. But, I'm starting to think that that's not such a good idea. Some people say that 30 days out is as low as it'll get. What do you think? What's the best deal you've ever gotten on a cruise? Maybe I'll get an idea how long to wait. Thanks everyone!:rolleyes:

What we thought about doing was just buying airplane tix first to Fl so we could make it for the Dawn sailing on Feb. 14th or 22nd and seeing if we could get a good last minute deal when we get there.

You sound pretty flexible. I was thinking of doing something similar but with a Friday arrival and a late Sunday or early Monday departure. That way you can look at different options with different ships and different lines.

You sound pretty flexible. I was thinking of doing something similar but with a Friday arrival and a late Sunday or early Monday departure. That way you can look at different options with different ships and different lines.

Good idea! That would up our odds, eh?

The one factor to consider is that February 14 is the long holiday for President's day. So if you're going to pick a week I would make it the 21st instead.

I agree. Here in the NYC area, the schools are closed for the week of the 14th. I think they call it winter recess or energy conservation week. It's a big travel week around here.

I agree. Here in the NYC area, the schools are closed for the week of the 14th. I think they call it winter recess or energy conservation week. It's a big travel week around here.

Same with here in Massachusetts. In fact the Gem for that week out of NY is much higher than many, many other NCL cruises. I could fly to Florida from Massachusetts and cruise the Pearl for less than the Gem cruise out of NY for that same week!

best deal I have ever seen was regular rate $399 for 19 night Norwegian Sun cruise to South America. I of course jumped on that...:cool:

I remember seeing you post this once before, and meant to ask what the total air fare was. I always tell DW that when the honey do list gets to large, I am going to jump on one of those relocation cruises, and may just have to stay at the destination till they relocate back.

Al

Best deal I got was with the help of the old ICruise.com credit card. Their card gave 3% in earnings, I miss that card. I booked a 4 night cruise on Carnival's Fascination the week after Katrina hit Florida. We left Monday while Katrina was barreling towards New Orleans. One of the calmest seas I've ever seen. We paid $947.35 for three passengers in an oceanview. I cashed in 27000 points for $800. FInal out of pocket was $147.35 My wife and I love telling people that story. BTW, the cruise was OK.

best deal I have ever seen was regular rate $399 for 19 night Norwegian Sun cruise to South America. I of course jumped on that...:cool:

Wow!!! That's incredible! Of course, I'd never be able to get off that much time from work, but it's nice to dream...

i d like to remind those who may qualify for the military rates to use

them rather than waiting for the best deal to come around..

i ve continually compared rates during promotion s to what i ve paid and

the promo pricing did nt come close to the military rate..

the closest it s come was $400 for our upcoming Alaskan cruise..and during the most recent promotion there was a $500 differance..:eek:

Back in 2006 we had booked a 10 day Hawaiian cruise starting in San Francisco and ending in Maui. We had the cheapest inside guarantee cabins and great air price. Two weeks before we were to leave, the Pride of Aloha had a propeller go bad and our cruise was cancelled. BUT we got right on the phone with our travel agent. One of the consolation deals NCL was offering was a refund of our cruise price plus a free 7 day cruise within three months. The deal also included airfare change costs. We managed to book the Pride of America and then added on a few days pre-cruise in Waikiki. About a week before we were to leave our TA called to tell us we had been upgraded FREE to a port side balcony cabin on deck 8. WOW! We were blown away. The day before our cruise our credit card showed the full reimbursement of our original cruise price! We only had to pay the port charges and taxes!!!:D That really WAS the deal of a lifetime!

In '03, I paid about $225 for an outside cabin, 9-night Carnival Spirit cruise to Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. This was a last minute purchase following the cancellation of a HAL Amsterdam cruise (cancelled due to Norovirus). I made the purchase about 3 days prior to the sailing.

I am on the Sky next week -- paid $199 per person for a balcony.

The deal should be the all in price including Tax and fees to be fair comparisons.

A few of ours

NCL 2n trips, £49pp, done twice booked 1-2 days out.

Sun cruises 13n £495pp

Thomson, 7n £400

All inclusive including all drinks and return flights from the UK to the med

Fred Olsen 4 night, £60pp

NCL Gem 10n TA $500pp mini suite. probably our best deal so far

WE have had a couple of othe TAs that included flights for <£500 so the 14n cruise parts were probably around £250-£300.

In 2000 we took a repositioning cruise on the Celebrity Galaxy. It was to celebrate my retirement, and we opted for a cabin with a huge balcony on deck twelve. It was,apparently, a desirable cabin, because we were offered a FREE cruise, just a week before sailing, if we took an inside cabin. It was our first cruise, and we were going to Alaska, and then down to San Diego - two weeks! We decided to take the offer - if we didn't like the cabin, we could always book another trip. We had a fabulous time - got hooked on cruising - but never got such a good deal again!

Cheers!

We're looking for a smokin' deal on a cruise in Jan. or Feb. from Florida. :rolleyes:

Here are some good deals that are on NCL right now for January & February. Of course, you have to add taxes, but since the fuel surcharge is gone, these are great deals:

NCL Sky: Do a back to back for a total of 7 days. $109 for one sailing, $119 for the other...total of $228 for 7 days

NCL Majesty (out of Charleston) 7 day- $249

NCL Star: 7 day Mexican Riviera $299

In April:

NCL Jewell: 11 day transatlantic Miami to London $549

NCL Spirit: 12 New Orleans to Boston: $549

CG

My best deal was $199 NY to Bermuda - 7 days on the Dawn (also got $50 OBC). I've seen some better deals on relocation cruises. There was a 19 day thru the Panama Canal offered last minute over a year ago for $399-but the timing just didn't work.

My second best when when I was a bartender (closing shift)---but that was a long time ago & didn't involve a ship ;)

Best one for me was the Grand Princess last June. A twelve day British Isles cruise, we got a Obstructed Ocean view for the two of us for $ 2,800.00 total out of pocket and we got upgraded to a Carib balcony (their highest balcony class which usually was $ 3,800.00 ea for that cat)

For the time of year and itinerary it was a darn good deal I thought.

I got 2 great deals from NCL. First one was a last minute deal 6/07 for the Dawn, 7 nights for $996. total for 2 out of N.Y.:D

Second was upsell from BC to AB on the Dawn back in 2005 for a extra $360.pp. That was a once in a lifetime deal.:)

A lot of the January, 2009, sailings on the Sky are going for $129pp Interior and $249 balcony cabins.

We are booked for Jan 9th on the Sky. For the 3-night cruise, total tax, tag, title and out the door, we are paying $312 total for the both of us, for an Oceanview room on deck 8. Plus, we are getting a $50 on-board credit for putting the charge on our Visa card.

We are booked for Jan 9th on the Sky. For the 3-night cruise, total tax, tag, title and out the door, we are paying $312 total for the both of us, for an Oceanview room on deck 8. Plus, we are getting a $50 on-board credit for putting the charge on our Visa card.

There are some good deals on the Sky aren't there? We got ours for $332 (all charges included) for 2 people plus a $100 OBC.

CG

Archived