another water soda question

Arwenmark

I know there are a lot of threads about bringing water and soda aboard and I know policy says no to either and that basically that is not enforced strictly.

What I would like to know is what is the most water and soda anyone has brought on board in the past say, three or four months?

I need to drink 128 oz of water a day and I only drink Aqua Fina and the only soda I drink is Barq Diet root beer which I am sure they don't have on board.

I am proposing to bring a case of 1 lt. bottles of water and two 12 can sleeves of root beer taped up together with cabin luggage lable on it and checking it with my bags.

Does anyone think I will have a problem with this? I have a large rolling duffle I could put it in but then I might be called to the naughty room to see what it was. this way they can see what it is.

any recent feedback would be helpful thanks.

I know there are a lot of threads about bringing water and soda aboard and I know policy says no to either and that basically that is not enforced strictly.

Strictly? I would say it's more accurate to say that NCL doesn't enforce its official policy AT ALL. In all the years that I have been reading CC posts, I have only come across one post (about two years ago) that claimed that their water was confiscated or turned away and there was a debate over the validity of that post since it wasn't a firsthand account.

I think you will be fine with what you propose. I would be shocked if NCL turned it away.

I don't think you will have any problem.

BUT - is the water on the ship that bad, really?

I don't really know if it is or not, but I have medical conditions that require certain things. Aqua Fina is purified water as opposed to some other brands and certainly not ship water which is cleaned by reverse osmosis, which may be fine for most people.

anyway my body is used to Aqua fina.

I don't really know if it is or not, but I have medical conditions that require certain things. Aqua Fina is purified water as opposed to some other brands and certainly not ship water which is cleaned by reverse osmosis, which may be fine for most people.

anyway my body is used to Aqua fina.

we have a child with a medical condition - the rest of us drink the water, but we have been advised NOT to let him drink the water from the ship or any public fountains. WE always carry our own- DCl, RCCL always gave us "free" bottled water in the suites, but now I understand that there is only one bottle gratis- so we will drag on what we can and then shell out the $$ for the rest. We have also brought on gallon jugs of purified water when he was a baby to mix formula as it is easier than the small bottles.

I did just finish a small book written by a former cruise director - can't remember the name cuz I am in my third cruise-related non-fiction book , but he said NEVER to drink the water on the ships. But he gives no rationale or reasoning! None of us has had a problem in around 20 cruises, but we can't risk it for our little guy.

have fun!

Mike

Archived