Luggage Tag Tip

doe326

I went through the trouble of laminating ours. Last cruise porter just grabbed some of the old tags and put them on, even though our printed paper tags were well attached. :rolleyes:

Thats pretty common in Miami, the porter told me they get lots of complaints about lost tags, so they will just put on the old tags.

but definitely put them on before flying...at least that way, if the luggage goes to a different location, the airlines can send it on to the ship, not home where it will do you no good at all. I have used my tags this way often and have yet to lose one.

That is the best tip EVER and could save a cruise! I never put them on before we fly and I have beenlucky they have arrived with us. However we have had experiences when we waited 2 days for luggage to catch up on land trips. I'll attach them before we leave home and rest easy if they lag behind, knowing they will catch up. Plus, I always bring 2 days worth in carry on just in case. Thank you very much, happy holidays and happy cruising, Kaboochi:)

That is the best tip EVER and could save a cruise! I never put them on before we fly and I have beenlucky they have arrived with us. However we have had experiences when we waited 2 days for luggage to catch up on land trips. I'll attach them before we leave home and rest easy if they lag behind, knowing they will catch up. Plus, I always bring 2 days worth in carry on just in case. Thank you very much, happy holidays and happy cruising, Kaboochi:)

Some airports will rip them off. When we were in San Juan last year they stood at the door and ripped everyones tags off before we left.

They use to do that at most airports back in the day......

That is my experience as well...!:eek: Soon as I hit the airport, everything comes off except the one they attach!:)

Thus, I am waiting until the next day to attach them... From the hotel to the cruise ship; How could they possibly screw up!!??:rolleyes:

We also put a full itinerary sheet inside each suitcase, just in case.. I call it baggage ID!...

I probably 'over-plan', but I haven't lost one yet...:D

"Knocking on wood", as I speak... 3 days and counting!!!:p

That is my experience as well...!:eek: Soon as I hit the airport, everything comes off except the one they attach!:)

Thus, I am waiting until the next day to attach them... From the hotel to the cruise ship; How could they possibly screw up!!??:rolleyes:

We also put a full itinerary sheet inside each suitcase, just in case.. I call it baggage ID!...

I probably 'over-plan', but I haven't lost one yet...:D

Well so much for that idea. Will San Juan rip them off if you just tape them to the front side of your luggage, not the handle? I have never lost a bag to SJU before so I need to chill out! This is getting complicated, I need a dod:D Kaboochi

That is my experience as well...! Soon as I hit the airport, everything comes off except the one they attach!:)

I probably 'over-plan', but I haven't lost one yet...

I need to have a talk with your dw......seriously dude........you must drive her insane:eek::p:D

Well so much for that idea. Will San Juan rip them off if you just tape them to the front side of your luggage, not the handle? I have never lost a bag to SJU before so I need to chill out! This is getting complicated, I need a dod:D Kaboochi

Just put you cell number on the id tag that comes with the luggage.......

Archived