Luggage Tag Tip

doe326

I was trying to figure out some way to attach those wonderful paper luggage tags without taking a stapler or tape. I decided to punch a hole (where it says to staple) and use a ribbon or twine to tie it to the luggage handle. I did reinforce the area I punched with additional packing tape. Tried it on my luggage and it works great. Hope this helps anyone else who is flying and doesn't want to take extra tape or stapler to attach the tag.:p

I was trying to figure out some way to attach those wonderful paper luggage tags without taking a stapler or tape. I decided to punch a hole (where it says to staple) and use a ribbon or twine to tie it to the luggage handle. I did reinforce the area I punched with additional packing tape. Tried it on my luggage and it works great. Hope this helps anyone else who is flying and doesn't want to take extra tape or stapler to attach the tag.:p
I thought about taking a small stapler, but decided a small hole (re-inforced with packaging tape) and a small tie wrap will do the job!:D

I usually over-plan, and it drives the DW crazy, but since you posted your plans, I think I'll follow suit!! Good idea!! :rolleyes::p

I plan to put mine in some plastic ziploc bags and attach them with some zip locks. Those tags are just paper and IMHO will easily be ripped off. Another way to do it is to glue them onto a poster board, cut them out and then punch them with a hole punch. Use a zip lock and attach to your luggage WHEN YOU GET TO THE SHIP.

I thought about taking a small stapler, but decided a small hole (re-inforced with packaging tape) and a small tie wrap will do the job!:D

I usually over-plan, and it drives the DW crazy, but since you posted your plans, I think I'll follow suit!! Good idea!! :rolleyes::p

Wish you were my DH, mine just packs and goes, I do all the planning/worrying. Still love him though:)

Gee, I MISS the days when they used to send you REAL tags in your REAL tickets.... :cool::rolleyes:

I had the option for those, but decided that 'e-docs' was the way to go (to keep up with the times), so along comes 'abnormal' luggage tags... :eek::) I'd just staple them on at home, but we are driving to Cleveland on the 12th, flying to FLL for an overnight there on the 13th, THEN boarding the Freedom on the 14th!! Anything to save a few $$$'s...:o

We'll see what happens on Sunday! I'm sure we'll be fine...:D

They have REAL tags at the port--it only take a second to write your cabin # on it! No need to "make your own" at home!
BUT, along with accepting e-docs, I figure If I can make do with what is offered, then CCL has no reason to raise their cruise rates!!:rolleyes:

If they do, then I'll just 'go with the masses' and ask for them at the Pier!:p Just trying to be prudent...:)

I live in farm country I use bailing twine with the tags in packing tape it's airline, grayhound and porter proof

if you fly to the port city and use carnival transfers you need tags long before you ever get to the pier. so they need to be porter proof tough.

I laminate ours too and use the zip ties. That makes them very secure and we've never had a problem.

Agreed! Laminate and zip ties are the way to go. Waterproof, easy, strong, and a very inexpensive solution.

I laminate mine, punch a hole in them and then i use small zip ties to attach to my luggage. You can get laminate and the zip ties at a dollar store.

We use laminate and zip ties as well. I have a small laminating machine at home. Works well.

Hockeyluver, we're from SW Ontario too!

I laminate mine, punch a hole in them and then i use small zip ties to attach to my luggage. You can get laminate and the zip ties at a dollar store.

This is exactly what I do.. remember to pack something to remove the zipties. I put a nail clipper on the outside pocket of my luggage

I just reinforce the paper tags with wide, clear package tape... use zip ties or even a piece of cord, but definitely put them on before flying...at least that way, if the luggage goes to a different location, the airlines can send it on to the ship, not home where it will do you no good at all. I have used my tags this way often and have yet to lose one.

More than 2000 flights going back to the days they used a paperboard tag with a piece of flimsy string. NEVER lost a tag or a bag. Sounds like most of you are massively over thinking a very simple issue.

But, if it makes you happy......................

Dan

Sounds like most of you are massively over thinking a very simple issue......................
Me, overthink!! NEVER..!:rolleyes:

The DW says I'm obsessed with 'over-planning'...:eek: As she *shakes her head and walks away muttering* to herself....:p;)

I bought some lamenating sheets from an office supply store and used those. They should work fine with tie wraps.
I mentioned 'laminate' to the DW... I now have some on my desk, so I guess we are 'going in that direction'..:);)

As she walks away *muttering obsenities to herself*....:eek::rolleyes::D

Archived