Port Canaveral $10 Lobsters: Fact or Fiction?

dtownjbrown

Ive read a couple of threads about things to do in Orlando both pre & post cruise and Im most interested in the $10 lobsters offered at some of the restaurants in Port Canaveral. Problem is, Ive also read a couple of conflicting posts on the price.

Some people have written that the $10 deal is only offered on certain days, at certain hours, at certain restaurants or during certain meal times (i.e lunch versus dinner). While some people have said that the offer is no longer available. Evenstill, Ive read that the price might be honored if you mention this website to a "certain" manager at a "certain" restaurant.

Can anyone validate if this infamous lobster deal even exists? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Mucho thanks in advance :), jb

Ive read a couple of threads about things to do in Orlando both pre & post cruise and Im most interested in the $10 lobsters offered at some of the restaurants in Port Canaveral. Problem is, Ive also read a couple of conflicting posts on the price.

Some people have written that the $10 deal is only offered on certain days, at certain hours, at certain restaurants or during certain meal times (i.e lunch versus dinner). While some people have said that the offer is no longer available. Evenstill, Ive read that the price might be honored if you mention this website to a "certain" manager at a "certain" restaurant.

Can anyone validate if this infamous lobster deal even exists? If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Mucho thanks in advance :), jb

My husband is in the restaurant business and knowing what lobster costs per pound, I'd say you are on a wild goose chase.

Outback Steakhouse offers a 4oz tail add on for around $7.

I don't know anything about Port Canaveral Restaurants and Prices but I do know that the price of Lobster has plummeted along with the rest of the economy.

The world economic downturn has sent prices plummeting. Southwestern N.S. fishermen tied up their boats for two days to protest a price of $3.25 for market lobster. The fall lobster fishery in Maine also saw prices in the $3 (U.S.) range.

Just do a google search on Lobster prices and you will see.

So it wouldn't be surprising that some restaurants offer specials.

Okay, I think I might have found "one" of the restaurants (see link below, then scroll down to 4th restaurant listed). It looks like it might be at the Cocoa Beach pier but Im not sure where that is. Anyone know where the BOARDWALK is?

http://www.cocoabeachpier.com/food_spirits.html

That restaurant seems to be on a pier and I don't understand where you saw $10 lobster. The rest of the menu looks about right as far as seafood prices go.

The world economic downturn has sent prices plummeting. Southwestern N.S. fishermen tied up their boats for two days to protest a price of $3.25 for market lobster. The fall lobster fishery in Maine also saw prices in the $3 (U.S.) range.

$3.25 is per pound and not per lobster. It is also the price fishermen get from the processing plants. By the time it makes it to restaurants, they could possibly sell it for $10 a pound but a one pound lobster would be the size of a large crawfish.

That restaurant seems to be on a pier and I don't understand where you saw $10 lobster. The rest of the menu looks about right as far as seafood prices go. $3.25 is per pound and not per lobster. It is also the price fishermen get from the processing plants. By the time it makes it to restaurants, they could possibly sell it for $10 a pound but a one pound lobster would be the size of a large crawfish.

I saw the $10 lobster right on the blue icon next to the description of the restaurant. (see image below)

It has the words FRIDAY 5-8PM and BASH inside the yellow sunbursts, on either side of the word BOARDWALK.

Then right under that is says......WHOLE MAINE LOSTER for $1000, 6 RIBS $350, and then HALF POUND OF STEAMED SHRIMP $450

10LobsterBoardwalkAd.jpg

I appreciate everyone's input but Im really looking for a reply from someone who actually "knows" first hand.....like someone who lives in the area or someone who has cruised out of Port Canaveral and has visited one of the restaurants. :confused:

Archived