TA is nonresponsive

azldw

The Credit card company wouldnt have much of a leg to stand on, but they might write off part of the charge, and just say you got a credit for the charge, without saying it was from them. Dissatisfaction cases as disputes are pretty iffy. Im not sure based on what Iv read here that the cabin was changed without the OP's knowledge or permission. (I did disputes for a CC company).

That is what I meant. The CC company (Bank of America) has helped me out a lot and I have actually been surprised. I asked recently and was told it cost less to give me the money vs trying to dispute. The most recent was a sweat shirt my DH bought at a resort (over the summer) and went to wear it months later and discovered the zipper was broken (missing a tooth). The resort said they could not do anything since it had been over 30 days. I faxed the correspondence to BofA including $28.00 zipper replacement cost and Visa just gave me the money as a courtesy (actually a bit more which was half of the charge).

That is what I meant. The CC company (Bank of America) has helped me out a lot and I have actually been surprised. I asked recently and was told it cost less to give me the money vs trying to dispute. ).

Im not at liberty to say how much it costs to handle a dispute, but if its going to cost less just to write it off, it makes sense. To keep a dispute open for months, the time for a person to actually write a letter to the merchant explaining your dispute, then the computer guys have to print the letter and stuff the envelopes plus postage. When they figure out the cost of the time it takes employees to do everything, thats why they would write it off. Be aware that these things are tracked and if you really do have a big problem, you are now worth less to the credit card company that I worked for if you have had a lot of disputes, write offs etc.

We didnt even tell folks that we wrote the charge off, because then some will come back insisting that we charge the merchant back because they are mad at the merchant and want the money to come from him, not us. We used to write off no shows at hotels that were charged, but last I heard we started rebilling folks, which caused all kinds of grief. Folks were used to assuming they deserved the money back. They made a reservation and didnt cancel or didnt have proof they cancelled, most insisted of course they cancelled, but didnt have a cancellation number. Stuff like that we used to do out of good will.

By law you have the right to dispute any charge on a personal card (business cards are not covered under the law). The dispute has to be closed within 3 billing cycles plus the extra days to cycle cut or its I believe $10,000 fine, might be more. Anyway, if we were backed up and couldnt get disputes closed fast enough, they would start writing off anything under a certain dollar amount to get closed, rather than hit that $10,000 fine date on the bigger dispute amounts you can bet. So some people got lucky even on higher amounts if we got backed up, like around christmas.

I received my first paperwork, an "Activity Summary" from the TA, showing a confirmed forward cabin, at the price she originally quoted. It also has her cancellation policy - $50 per person. She has not provided any additional services other than accepting the transfer of my deposit from RCI to her agency.

Did this TA advise you of her $50 per person (:eek:) cancellation fee when you transferred your booking to her, or did you just find out about it on the 'Activity Summary'? If she didn't let you know about the cancellation policy prior to you transferring the booking to her, I'd fight that fee. With a supervisor or manager if needed. And if the TA waives it, get that in writing. I feel bad that you've had such a negative experience with an agent.

Archived