Another Disney Special Anouncement....

crusinmama06

From Mousesavers....

There's a strong rumor that a new "Kids Sail FREE" offer for Disney cruises will be released on December 10. Reportedly this offer will be for 3-night sailings only, 1/22/09 - 5/28/09 in Category 4-12 staterooms. Children 12 and under will sail FREE in the same cabin with two paying adults. More details when the offer is released.

Yep, it's official....Kids Sail free on Disney for some sailings.

DCL Kids Cruise Free Promotion

Children 12 and under cruise free* when traveling with 2 full fare in stateroom

3-Night Sailings 1/22 - 5/28/2009 only

Category 4 - 12 only

New bookings 12/10/2008 - 02/15/2009**

Staterooms are limited

Not applicable to land/sea vacations

*Cruise fare only. Does not include port charges, taxes, insurance, airfare, transfers, gratuities and/or shore excursions.

**Cannot be applied to current bookings. Current reservations would need to be 'reshopped' which could result in increase tier price, loss of stateroom, loss of dining time, loss of Palo reservations. If you chose to reshop make sure you have the DCL agent note your shore excursions as they may have to be added back on afterwards.

Cannot be combined with any other offer from DCL:

Florida Resident

Military

Magical Rates

Onboard Booking SBC and/or discount

DVC

Groups

Cast Members

TA appreciation rates

Yeah no kidding! ;)

Don't tell the people on the DisBoard that though, they get a little cranky when we mention that Disney has priced themselves out of the market. :p

I love Disney World, been there 9 or 10 times but I priced the cruises and boy it was sticker shock. It's funny, I will pay the prices at the parks and not care in the least, but I just can't justify for the cruise.

I love Disney World, been there 9 or 10 times but I priced the cruises and boy it was sticker shock. It's funny, I will pay the prices at the parks and not care in the least, but I just can't justify for the cruise.

Same here. I don't mind paying the money for the best Disney resorts. I have a huge problem paying twice the cost for a ship that doesn't have as much to do on it. ;)

We've been on Magic and Wonder....nothing left to see on them. ;) Certainly not enough for me to pay the new prices they released.

I've always noticed that too when I search around for cruises. My DH and I have often wondered why a cruise line that is family friendly is so expensive.:confused:

It is all supply and demand. Disney has something that the other lines don't have, and that is the allure of one of the most famous names in the world. If you want Disney, that is where you have to go. Some people are willing to pay for that but I'm like you all; I think that you can get a better value elsewhere. That said, if a good deal came along, I would be willing to give them a try. My 4 year old son would love to see all of the characters!

It is all supply and demand. Disney has something that the other lines don't have, and that is the allure of one of the most famous names in the world. If you want Disney, that is where you have to go. Some people are willing to pay for that but I'm like you all; I think that you can get a better value elsewhere. That said, if a good deal came along, I would be willing to give them a try. My 4 year old son would love to see all of the characters!

That's exactly right. They only have to fill two ships, not 20 (like other lines). And those two ships are the only ones in the world that you can sail with Mickey.

It's nice to try once. After twice, I got that "been there, done that" feeling. ;)

I'll try them again when they come out with a new ship and hopefully bigger pool area.

New to the boards and relatively new to cruising also. Have been on 1 family cruise and 1 all girls cruise. Really enjoyed the family cruise on Carnival and was wondering if this is a good deal for the Disney cruises.

I have been to disneyworld several times and my kids love it and was wondering if I should look into booking one of these because it is a deal?

I am mostly a deal hunter and I looking for a good deal on cruising, is this one?

New to the boards and relatively new to cruising also. Have been on 1 family cruise and 1 all girls cruise. Really enjoyed the family cruise on Carnival and was wondering if this is a good deal for the Disney cruises.

I have been to disneyworld several times and my kids love it and was wondering if I should look into booking one of these because it is a deal?

I am mostly a deal hunter and I looking for a good deal on cruising, is this one?

Well it depends. Are the kids under 12? Will there be 2 adults in the cabin? No more than 2 kids?

It's only 3 days. And you only have select sailings to choose from - Jan - May.

So price it out. You can do it online on your own at this link (FREE is the code)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage

THEN, after you get that price, go to a booking site (like expedia) and put the same dates in. Then tell it to "List by Price"

I just tried that myself (just to see) and for February (the month I am sailing in) there are 16 cruises that cost less than Wonder.

You can get a cheaper and a longer cruise on Carnival for less than the price of Disney. And if you were happy with Carnival and looking for a bargain, then I am betting that Disney won't seem like such a great deal.

BUT, with that being said. If the kids REALLY want to do a Mickey cruise...then this would be the time to try it. ;)

Well it depends. Are the kids under 12? Will there be 2 adults in the cabin? No more than 2 kids?

It's only 3 days. And you only have select sailings to choose from - Jan - May.

So price it out. You can do it online on your own at this link (FREE is the code)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage

THEN, after you get that price, go to a booking site (like expedia) and put the same dates in. Then tell it to "List by Price"

I just tried that myself (just to see) and for February (the month I am sailing in) there are 16 cruises that cost less than Wonder.

You can get a cheaper and a longer cruise on Carnival for less than the price of Disney. And if you were happy with Carnival and looking for a bargain, then I am betting that Disney won't seem like such a great deal.

BUT, with that being said. If the kids REALLY want to do a Mickey cruise...then this would be the time to try it. ;)

Thank you for your help!!! I tried to find out the price with Disney but I kept coming up with a lot of money :eek: Couldn't figure out how to put the code in for the deal. I didn't think to try the other sites to compare.

My kids are 8 and 5 and they had a blast at camp carnival so that is now the standard for them. Hubby and I are think of inviting our mothers on a cruise if we can find a good deal. Will keeping looking...thanks for the help :)

Archived