Ruby Princess... or Celebrity Solstice ?

CruisinOnWheels

Howdy again cruisin friends...

We have narrowed our cruise choices to the Ruby Princess (balcony stateroom) or Celebrity Solstice/Equinox (aquasuite or concierge class balcony).

Which ship would you choose...and why?

Both will be doing 10 day caribbean itineraries first week of November 2009.. what are your thoughts about this time of year for a Caribbean cruise?

Thanks again for everyones opinion, hubby will be renting/using a power wheelchair.

You will need an HC cabin. If you don't have that, the power wheelchair won't fit in the cabin.

Solstice is brand new so that might be a nice factor. But, I've heard not so good things about the menu in the restaurant for the Aqua Class cabins. If you're in AQ, you must dine in Blu, the spa-related restaurant that serves a more healthy (and according to some passengers, a very boring) menu.

As for other things, I think Princess and Celebrity are pretty much equal in most other things.

if the ruby is the same as the emerald princess i found it much easier to navigate with a wheelchair on the solstice than the emerald. the deck for the buffet has hi lips to the outside area deck and the doors were not friendly. i always needed help to go from inside to outside and vice versa. there were also pole obstructions on the pool deck making it almost impossible to pass when the deck chairs were in use. the cabin doors were automatic on the solstice, not on the emerald. there are long walks on both ships due to the placement of the handicap cabins. the theatre seats on the emerald were small i had to get there extra early. sat on the very end of the row but row was so close to the row in fromt of it could not sit down tilll the last seat was filled as no one could get thru.

Archived